Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Looking for a conditioner that doesn't have cones
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for a conditioner that doesn't have cones

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for a conditioner that doesn't have cones
    Posted: January 01 2005 at 9:56am
Hi Ken,

There are a LOT of conditioners that are silicone-free. Like strawberryfine, I will attest to the benefits of using Biolage's Conditioning Balm, and to the fact that it last forever (I recently finished using a tub of the stuff which I had purchased 8 years ago! ... though I have alternated with lots of other conditioners during that time).

Basically, with conditioners, I find that the cheap ones aren't very good for my own very long hair. They may work perfectly well for short hair, but long hair requires better, IMO.
strawberryfine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2004 at 2:53am
Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm is silicone free and the best conditioner I've ever used. You can buy it in a lot of salons and also at drugstore.com. Your hair type looks similar to mine, so it would probably work well for you. This one sounds a little pricey at first but it takes so little of it, it lasts forever and IMO it is well worth the cost.

Nexxus Humectress is available at JC Penney salons and sometimes in salons in malls and at drugstore.com.

For easy to find conditioners, I think White Rain Extra Body, Suave Naturals, some of the VO5 Conditioners (but check labels) are supposed to be cone free.

HTH,

strawberryfine
strawberryfine
2aFii
12/25.5"/terminal length after reaching "small of my back length"
korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2004 at 5:18am
Do you live near a Body Shop? Their Brazil Nut conditioner is lovely and it's silicone-free. I think their Nettle Oil Balancing Conditioner is silicone-free too.

Natural Shea Butter is an excellent conditioner. You could also take a look at some of the conditioners made especially for curly hair. They are more likely to be silicone-free.
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
kengibson2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kengibson2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2004 at 10:03pm
Ok I will try to find it, but the name implies I will have a hard time finding it in a department store.
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2004 at 3:51pm
Weleda Rosemary Phyto Hair Conditioner . I haven't tried this but it only gets a 2.9 on the EWG Report and that is a very good score.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
kengibson2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kengibson2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2004 at 6:55pm
I'm right now in need of a conditoner that doesn't have cones.

Everytime I condition my hair with Ganier for dry and damaged hair, my hair feels like plastic.

I have looked into most of the major brands but to no avail, almost everyone of them have cones.

I live in Michigan if that is any help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic