Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Phyto

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phyto
    Posted: January 22 2005 at 11:28am
Originally posted by strawberryfine strawberryfine wrote:

I'm so glad the Phytojoba is working for you, Nekita!

SF

Me too! I'm happy for you, Nekita.
strawberryfine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2005 at 7:53pm
I'm so glad the Phytojoba is working for you, Nekita!

SF
strawberryfine
2aFii
12/25.5"/terminal length after reaching "small of my back length"
Nekita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nekita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2005 at 6:29pm
So, I tried my phytojoba today. And my hair is pretty darn soft! Expensive stuff, but I think it might be worth it!!!

:)
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2005 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Nekita Nekita wrote:

I'll let you know how it is. It's due to arrive tomorrow. I didn't order any conditioners. I think I'm gonna buy more Aveda Sap Moss. I know you don't like their business practices, but my hair likes their conditioner. :)

I finally learned how to measure (hard to do it myself tho). I think my hair is 23-24 inches. Pretty short by the standards on this board, huh? I'd like for it to grow another 6 inches. I hope that's even possible!

-Nekita

Hi Nekita,

No need for apologies. Get what you want. It's not as though I have directly encouraged others to "join in" on my personal boycott, or have shared the specific reasons for it, or allowed others to consider for themselves whether or not they agree and choose to do likewise.

There are people with all hair lengths here, who are seeking to grow their hair longer, including some whose hair is not as long as yours. I am sure your hair will grow longer, if you take good care of it, and just let it grow.
Nekita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nekita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 8:55pm
I'll let you know how it is. It's due to arrive tomorrow. I didn't order any conditioners. I think I'm gonna buy more Aveda Sap Moss. I know you don't like their business practices, but my hair likes their conditioner. :)

I finally learned how to measure (hard to do it myself tho). I think my hair is 23-24 inches. Pretty short by the standards on this board, huh? I'd like for it to grow another 6 inches. I hope that's even possible!

-Nekita
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 5:34pm
Thanks Supersugar for translating for me.

Hey Strawberryfine, It's good to hear another positive review on the shampoo dilution method. I'm sorry, I can't help with their conditioners... I've got such a large collection of other conditioners I haven't been buying any lately. But I will say that the lower down the list of ingredients the -cone is, the less of it there is in the formulation.

Congrats, Nekita! I hope your hair likes the phytojoba shampoo as much as mine does. (And same for you, Twista, if you decide to try it).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2005 at 10:57am
Nekita,
I really think you are going to love this shampoo! I'm not even 1/2 through with my first bottle and I've already got another one waiting.

I also learned, thanks to this post, to buy all my Phyto from Hair Boutique from now on! No shipping fee and no interstate taxes! Wow!

Did you order one of their conditioners?

I've been looking at their conditioners for a while and since I like to stay away from 'cones as much as possible and I have allergies to some plant/flower extracts I haven't ordered any yet.

I've been sort of curious about the Phytobaume (only one cone) and the Phytospecific (not sure).

Has anyone used these and is the one cone in Phytobaume really troublesome (trisilylamodimethicone, I think)? If you used, it how often would you need to do an ACV rinse?

Oh! I finally got a plastic hair color bottle with a nozzle and tried Dave's shampoo dilution with my Phytorhum shampoo and it worked GREAT! The nozzle allowed me to really put the shampoo dilution right on the scalp.

Thanks for posting this topic!

strawberryfine
strawberryfine
2aFii
Nekita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nekita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2005 at 9:28pm
I bought the Phytojoba shampoo from hairboutique. I'll let ya all know how it is after I get it (expected delivery 1/14).

Thanks for the advice...
...Nekita

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2005 at 12:01pm
I love my Phytojoba shampoo. I also rotate with Phytorhum shampoo (egg and rum); it's a little more moisturizing and smells great but so does the Phytojoba.

Going to check out Hair Boutique.com

Free shipping on Phyto??? Yes!

strawberryfine
strawberryfine
2aFii
Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2005 at 6:37am
Nekita,

'YMMV' - 'your mileage may vary'

Don't ask me how I figured that out.
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2005 at 1:04am
You can learn alot of things around here by visiting all the differnt forums. This product sounds like it can do good on many hair types. ;] I may just get a bottle of it soon just to test.
Nekita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nekita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 9:47pm
Yep, you convinced me. What else should I get besides that shampoo? I'll place an order as soon as I know. (My current stuff is almost gone!).

Dave... thanks for taking such an interest in this question. I hope one day to have hair even half the length of yours!!! Where do you measure hair from anyway? Bottom of the head or top?

Thanx!
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 7:35pm
There's no tax on interstate sales through the 'net... one advantage of buying from hb. Plus you don't have to go to the store. Have I convinced you yet?
Nekita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nekita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2005 at 10:23pm
YMMV? Sorry, what does that stand for?

Well, although it's a lot for a 6.7 oz bottle, I think I'm going to get the phytojoba shampoo. Is there a phyto conditioner that you'd recommend to go with it? Or should I stick with the Aveda Sap Moss conditioner that I'm using now?

OH... it is the same bottle in Bath & Body Works for the same price.

Thanks...
Nekita
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2005 at 6:02pm
Hi Nekita,

HB does sell it in their marketplace for $20 for a 6.7 ounce bottle. Free shipping on all Phyto products (and certain others), and, apparently, there is free shipping on all orders totaling over $75 (I learned something today).

http://mp.hairboutique.com/product.asp?ProdID=100676

YMMV... but I use the product in my rotation and I love it.
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2005 at 8:52am
I didn't know they sold it there. It is worth it, but I would definitely buy it from hairboutique.com instead. You can get a pretty nice sized bottle for $28 (I think) and free shipping. Plus, you'd be helping to support this wonderful free forum.
[/url]

Nekita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nekita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2005 at 9:07pm
I've seen a few posts about Phytojoba shampoo. I just saw it in Bath & Body works. A really small bottle for $20. Is it worth it? Does it do that much good for hair?

Thanks...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic