Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Growing hair long...again

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Growing hair long...again
    Posted: January 13 2005 at 5:51pm
Welcome back, Jessicat! Sorry to hear you were chopped by the stylist.

eKatherine, you make a good point. I think it's the best (or sadly, sometimes the only) way to send the message.

Apparently Jessicat's stylist needs to see Layla, and Jessicat needs to see Layla's stylists. Hmm...

I admire your conviction, Delta Girl. More power to you!

Strawberryfine -- you might also be able to find them at your favorite shopping mall.

There's a kiosk at the nearby mall that sells hairpieces and the like. One day I asked the rep staffing the booth if she thought I should buy some hair. Her reply (deadpan): "You have enough hair." (LOL)
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 1:33pm
You should have screamed and refused to pay. If more customers did that, there'd be fewer nasty surprises.

Next time your hair is long and you need a trim, you should bring in a small ruler to show how much you want trimmed, and tell the stylist that this is how much you are willing to have trimmed off, and that this is what you're paying for. That you won't pay if they do something different from what you've told them you want.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 1:32pm
My wife has not gone to a salon for almost 4 years now b/c of horror stories. *I* am her only trimmer, and surprise, it got long! One woman at work just had her beautiful, fluffy red hair "trimmed" from her waist to mid-back by a hacker who tried vociferously to get her to cut it all off b/c it was "dead". As she told me, she sounded as if she had just lost her best friend. So needless and sad. Good luck re-growing, and never forget your own painful lesson. Hugs, Bob
Jessicat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 1:07pm
Thanks for all your responses.

The funny thing is, on previous visits to this salon one stylist took me aside and cautioned me that the other stylists would "try" to get anyone that came in with long hair- to cut it off.
I appreciated her telling me to not cut it and to ignore the other stylists.

She was totally right. When I went in for a trim a few months down the road, the stylist I got went crazy with my hair and cut it.

I was so angry at myself because it took me two years to get it there-DUH!

Oh well, here I am again growing it out.

Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 12:18pm
I have the exact opposite problem. Whenever I go to get my hair cut they always say why do you want to cut your beautiful hair. It's not like I'm cutting a bunch off I just get bored with my hair and get like layers or something nothing drastic.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
deltagirl12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltagirl12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 12:08pm
Hi Jess:

Never let any one. Even a stylist talk you into cutting your hair if you do not wish too. Way to many stylist's forget they are being paid to style our hair the way WE want it styled. NOT what they want or think.

WE pay the bill, that makes US the customer in control. If the stylist will not do what you want. Then simply fire them. Do a Donald Trump - "Your Fired", and leave. Find another stylist that will do what you want.

When I hired a painter to paint my walls. He painted them the color I selected. Not what he liked. He recomended another color. I respectfully said no to the color he liked. Then told him what I wanted. Again he was very nice, and recomended another color. I then said.

With all due respect sir. I have already told you what color I want. If you are not willing to do the job I am paying you to do. I will just hire somone else to do the painting. After all, I am one who lives here and I am the one who looks at my walls. Not you. I am also the one paying you.

He said sorry, and did the job as I wanted.

Hair stylist's are not different. If they do not do what you want, replace them with one that will.

Susan.
Susan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 8:42pm
I got them from adiscountbeauty.com - http://jylklein.securesites.com/page73.html

I also just got three poufs from Wilshire Wigs, but I haven't had a chance to try them out yet.

strawberryfine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 7:41pm
eKatherine,

Where do you get your rats for your hair? My grandmother used to use them for updos and her hair looked beautiful and full. I'd love to know where to get some.

Your hair is so pretty.

TIA,

strawberryfine
2aFii
12/25.5"/terminal length after reaching "small of my back length"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 5:40pm
As you can see, my hair is quite long, but I have found there is no length where you can do every style you'd like to do with your own hair as easily as with a little help.

My hair is straight. I can pin a mass of curls on top and it looks just like I had curly ends piled up there. Little braid attachments do lots of things that would take away from the mass of your own hair if you persisted in trying to do them naturally. I have rats I use to make my hair bouffant without teasing. Hairpieces are fun to play with and wear.

Jessicat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2005 at 4:28pm
I am new to the board- hi everyone!

I have recently began the new project of regrowing my medium hair to long.

I had foolishly allowed my waist length hair to be chopped while in the stylist's chair.

Now I am restarting.
I am avoiding the bleaching and blowdrying and using the Viviscal supplements.

To get me through- until my hair grows long enough- I bought a hair extention clip by Scunci. The clip latches onto my small ponytail. It looks totally real.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic