Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Setting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Setting
    Posted: January 13 2005 at 5:54pm
I tried something quite similar to this once (when my hair was just below shoulder length). Just to see if it would work. What a mass of hair! So I can confirm that the general technique does work.
amateurstyler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateurstyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2005 at 4:37pm
General discussion: Any easy alternative to the perm that will shampoo out for restyling and look more natural. To achieve, set damp hair on normal plastic barrel rollers (velcro are easy to put in and remain in place but are difficult to take out without tangling). Apply styling lotion to the roots before winding hair on and select roller size to suit curl required and length of your hair. Dry ideally naturally but this take a long time or use a soft hood dryer. Always allow hair to cool before removing rollers and style as required. You may need to experiment to get it right but you can shampoo out and try again: unlike the perm. Let me know if you want advice
Semi/Temporary curl, wave and colour creator: please try before any perm!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic