Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

About how long?...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: About how long?...
    Posted: January 25 2005 at 6:45am
Originally posted by GoldieLocks92 GoldieLocks92 wrote:

Yeah, I want to audition for a play for a character with long hair. Plus, I miss my long hair!

For a very important occasion like this, I suggest you invest in a nice, natural-looking longhair wig.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2005 at 12:03am
The main thing with those is keep an eye out to see if you start getting shorter hairs.

This could either be new hairs growing out or it could be broken hairs froma sharp edge.

Otherwise just be careful.

A few broken hairs is sometimes ok to sacrifice if it's something that keeps you happy otherwise. It's better to put your hair back in a style you like and use a clip you like than to not know what else to use or do and end up in the long run getting a cut or something cuz you're bored.

I saw a link on here earlier today.
Susan W's site with instructions for making metal barettes hair safe:
http://www.geocities.com/thespookstress/index.html

That might help.
GoldieLocks92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldieLocks92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 10:37pm
Thanks purplebubba!
No blow dryers or irons or anything, ever! Since reading some of the other posts I now only use a wide tooth comb and softer bands on my hair. I do use clips (they're the metal kind that snap in and out of place) but they don't pull my hair or anything...are they still bad?
Hair is BSL+ as of 9/15/05

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 8:40pm
I hope you get it.

Do you use any blow dryers or irons or anything like that? What about your combs and brushes, do they have seams? or any of your hair clips and things?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldieLocks92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 8:34pm
Yeah, I want to audition for a play for a character with long hair. Plus, I miss my long hair!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 7:53pm
I agree.

Maybe a bit longer if you're taller or if you don't get 6 inches per year.

It will also depend on your style. If you have close to one length then it will all grow about the same. If you have layers then only some will get there that soon.

You said you'd like to grow long in a short period of time in your other thread. Is something coming up where you'll want it mid back? Like a wedding or something?
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 7:22pm
I'd say about a year.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldieLocks92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 5:50pm
I want to grow my hair long. It is about shoulder length right now and I want to know how long it will take for it to grow to about mid-back. Here is some stuff I can tell you about my hair:

~My hair tends to grow reletivley quickly
~Medium or regular thickness and strait
~I am eating at least 2 meals a day based on the "Magic food for lucious locks" on this site
~I use a natural shampoo/conditionar and wash my hair about every other day (and try to avoid combing it too much!)

Thanx, A.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic