Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair NIGHTMARE (please help)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair NIGHTMARE (please help)
    Posted: February 06 2005 at 4:31pm
Hi Rain,

I'm very sorry to hear about your haircut disappointment. What service did you want to have done, when you scheduled the appointment? It would seem to be different than what you eventually permitted the stylist to do (?) I know that stylists can be intimidating, sometimes.

Based on your calculated rate of growth, it can regain the length in a little over a year. Your hair grows fast - lucky you. Treat it well and it'll be even prettier than before. (hugs)
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2005 at 12:16am
You might think about trying extensions, too. Your hair is still long enough to do them and there are lots of options. If it is something you want to consider, please do research first, because a bad case of extensions might make things worse. This thread from the extensions board is chock full of info: http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/viewthread.asp?forum=AMB_AP934431446&id=2633
Raindorf View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raindorf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 7:55pm
Thank you all SO much! Your responses have been very uplifting. This is the first time I have smiled in three days. I'll continue to check the board to review the advice you all have kindly given me.

Thanks again
Sincerely,
Rain
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 2:45pm
Hi Rain,

I just wanted to send you a ((((hug)))). Going from 2 to 15 inches is about two years of growth. Wishing you the best in your journey (think of it as an opportunity for self-discovery) and keep looking up. In the meanwhile, you're also starting fresh to get a whole new head of healthy hair.

Hugs and blessings,
Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
deltagirl12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltagirl12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 1:41pm
Hi Hi:

I am so sorry to hear that. We have had many threads on this topic. I just get so mad with hair stylists that think they know so much better then us.

The bottom line is. IT's MY HAIR, I can do what I want. I PAY you to cut it or tirm it the way I say. Not what you want.

YES - I can be a real witch at times. I am also proud id that. No one takes advantage of me.

Susan
Susan
KB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 1:16pm
Oh boy. Well, all of us have learned that impulsive decisions regarding our hair don't always turn out to be good ones. Having said that, it sounds to me like your hair grows pretty fast so at least there's that. My advice to you is experiment with the new style. You are in shock right now after going from long to very short. In a few weeks you may find that you love the new look. That you find it a lot easier to deal with than your longer hair. Or maybe you won't feel that way, but at least you know it will grow back. It just takes time. Hang in there, and take those hair vitamins! They may help.
Raindorf View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raindorf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 12:29pm
Two days ago I got my 15 inch hair cut to less than 2 inches by TOTAL mistake (I was convinced by the stylist that it would look good on me).

I haven''t quit crying since the second my stylist began razoring off my long locks. I''ve looked into Hairtopia and Hair Formula 37 and was curious if that would work on me. Back in November I cut my hair a good 5 inches or so and within two months I had already gotten about 2 inches back. I have pretty fast hair growth which has been the only thing that has kept me optomistic about my hair nightmare.

Also, do you think that by the end of the month I would be able to put it in a ponytail?

Thanks so much.

Sincerely,
(A very upset) Rain.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic