Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jojoba Oil - some info

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jojoba Oil - some info
    Posted: February 21 2005 at 11:27am
You use it when you think you need it.
Use it until you don't like how it feels.

I only use mine once in awhile and haven't used it in at least a few months. But I've also been washing a bit more often since New Years so I haven't felt the need as much.

But I use mine when I go for longer periods between washes to help with combing or tangles. Usually the day before I plan to wash.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2005 at 11:26am
You can use it as often as you like. It's good for dry skin as well as hair. Right now I have my hair in a heat cap with a blend of jojoba, rosemary essential oil, and tea tree oil on the scalp.

If you like it a lot, it's pretty cheap to buy in quantity over the internet.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Skzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2005 at 9:07am
How often do you all use it?

I recently bought a bottle and only use it after i wash my hair since that is when it's most dry. Is it better to use it every day?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2005 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

I bought the Aveda beautifying composition (jojoba with several other EO's added). I put a few drops on the palm of my hand, rub my palms together to get a thin film of the oil on my hands, then work it into the hair, especially near the ends (which in my case happens to be the bottom half of my hair).

That's how I do my Jojoba most of the time. Hands first then start at the ends and go up from there. And you don't have to put it near the scalp. I do but it's usually the day before I wash.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2005 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by GoldieLocks92 GoldieLocks92 wrote:

How much did your jojoba oil cost Dave? And how is it to be used? I hear different things all the time, I thought it was just for shampoo!

I bought the Aveda beautifying composition (jojoba with several other EO's added). I put a few drops on the palm of my hand, rub my palms together to get a thin film of the oil on my hands, then work it into the hair, especially near the ends (which in my case happens to be the bottom half of my hair).
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2005 at 4:17pm
Yeah, but you have to keep it away from little kids. I just bought a little bottle and I let my mom borrow it for my niece but she didnt' put it up and my niece dumped half the bottle out.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
GoldieLocks92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldieLocks92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2005 at 3:30pm
Its great. No more split ends and it leaves my hair nice and shiny. I belive its a Trader Joes brand.

How much did your jojoba oil cost Dave? And how is it to be used? I hear different things all the time, I thought it was just for shampoo!
Hair is BSL+ as of 9/15/05
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2005 at 11:47am
How do you like the shampoo, GoldieLocks?

I bought a small bottle of jojoba years ago and it's still more than half-full. Just a few drops is all it takes at any one time.
GoldieLocks92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldieLocks92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2005 at 8:13pm
WOW! I'm starting to think that some of the high priced Jojoba Oil hair stuff might be worth the money! I just found my current shampoo has some jojoba oil in it, too and I'm really happy!

A.

Hair is BSL+ as of 9/15/05
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2005 at 6:54am
Wow, 2360 drops! I bought a 16oz bottle the first time I bought it. With as infrequently as I use it, I guess I'll have this same bottle until I'm 60!
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2005 at 10:30pm
A while back I did the math

I bought a 4 oz / 118.3 ml bottle of Vitamin Shoppe Jojoba Oil for about $7. I bought it through Amazon but they now have a store nearby so I can go there next time. If I ever run out. My bottle is still 90% full.

4 oz sounds like a small amount but it will last.

According to a conversion site,
1 drop = 0.0513429 milliliter
1 drop = 0.0017361 ounce (US, liquid)
1 drop = 0.001807 ounce (UK, liquid)

divide that by the bottle's contents and you get 2350-2360 drops.

So even if you used 4 drops at a time you'll get almost 600 applications. You could use 4 drops twice a day and last a year still.

But most people only use 1-2 drops when they use it.

I usually apply mine to my hair when it's dry and just a drop or two but some put it on damp hair and some mix it with other stuff or make sprays.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic