Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Power hair on Timoshenko

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Power hair on Timoshenko
    Posted: February 20 2005 at 2:48pm
I agree with you Dave, of course. But I don´t understand your "hijacked" comment?

The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2005 at 10:58am
Lovely hairstyle being sported by Yulia Timoshenko. (I hope her husband's treatments in Switzerland help.)

IMO the notion that professionalism is linked to hair length is outdated. If hair has anything to do with professionalism, it is that it is well groomed. Any hair length can be professional. And it's the things said and done that reflect far more on one's professionalism than their appearance.

Sorry I hijacked the thread.
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 5:46pm
Hm, well, perhaps it could be real. It´s not really important to me, but impressive if it be the case. I could personally never get a do like that, my hair is not nearly as thick. But I am surprised that a do that would normally make me think of german fairytales looks so cool!

catt_grrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catt_grrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2005 at 1:28pm
Wow, thanks for posting this, Viktoria!
What an elegant example of a crown or "Heidi" braid. In Timoshenko's case, she may be using a fake braid (I see absolutely no variation in braid width), but it's not necessary with long enough hair, of course. If one braid isn't long enough to reach around, one can make 2 and criss-cross them on top. I often wear this hairdo if I'm on a very long flight (no bun "lump" to bug me if I want to doze ), but I usually wear it a bit farther forward on my head. I think I shall try it farther back like she does and maybe take a photo or 2. One can also do this as a French braid, but this is beyond my skill level (and I think my hair's too long for it to really work ).

Denise

P.S. Hmm, on second thought, I'm looking at some of the side views in the photo gallery and the braid may be a bit fatter at the nape--which means there's a good chance it's real!
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2005 at 6:58am
It does look like one of Leah's (I know I spelled that wrong) styles doesn't it? I always thought nice updo's looked quite professional.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2005 at 10:58pm
I remember there being some discussion here a year ago or so about the fear of not being "professional" enough looking with long hair. Some experienced pressure to cut when starting a new job, etc. Well, take a look at the new prime minister of the Ucraine!

http://www.tymoshenko.com.ua/eng/index

I strongly suspect some of it is fake, but still, a very impressive hairdo. It kind of reminds me of princess Leia in Star Wars, a fictious version of the rock cool, hard as nails woman politician.

Comments?

The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic