Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my hair hurts...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my hair hurts...
    Posted: February 18 2005 at 10:19pm
My scalp used to bother me in this way, too. I think it has to do with wearing your hair against the natural direction of growth. After I wore my hair up long enough, it stopped bothering me, and it hasn't done it since.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
GoldieLocks92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldieLocks92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2005 at 8:10pm
Thank you everyone for your great advice. I think I'll try that because when I was going to bed my hair was ON TOP of my head!!! I've been wearing it down latley and it already feels better so I am sure that lower ponytails will help!

A.
Hair is BSL+ as of 9/15/05
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2005 at 5:26pm
You already got some good advice, but a sore scalp can also come from dryness. If you also have a "dandruff" problem and use schampoos for that, it could mean your scalp is a bit more tender than most.
deltagirl12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltagirl12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2005 at 11:13am
Hi Hi:

Some times when I put my hair in a pony tail that is too high, it starts to hurt after a while. Like the other girls said. I started to wear the pony tail a little lower and that stopped the hurt.

My hair was happy happy again.

Hugs - Susan
Susan
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2005 at 7:02am
Are you putting it in a high ponytail in the back of your head? I can't wear my ponytail too high on the back of my head or my hair gets really ticked off (so to speak!) at being held the wrong way and hurts when I take it down.

It shouldn't hurt if you wear it lower, and if it does, try not doing it so tight. Doing it very tight isn't good anyway because it does pull small amounts out over time and can result in you having more of a "halo effect" around your face when you wear it up.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
GoldieLocks92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldieLocks92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2005 at 3:24pm
Ha, not really. Well kind of...I have been putting my hair up a LOT latley to keep it out of my face and to prevent tangles, but when I take it out my head hurts! I'm not even putting it up tight! What is this and should I stop putting my hair up??
Hair is BSL+ as of 9/15/05
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic