Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

help with dandruff

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
serk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help with dandruff
    Posted: May 15 2005 at 12:13am

Try adding a teaspoon of Tea Tree Oil to your regular shampoos. Tea Tree Oil mixed with the shampoo helps the solution to settle on the scalp and ensures greater cleaning. It has helped me and many other people.

Also wash your hair frequently and brush regularly. This helps to remove the dead skin from your scalp.

Suers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 8:57am
I really don't know what causes my dandruff. It is supposed to be caused by fungus (yeasts) growing on the skin.

I find that certain conditioners or shampoos make my head itch worse so it might be more an allergy for me than just dandruff.

I find that putting shampoo directly on my head makes my head dry and scaly. I use the dilution/squeeze bottle method. PUtting shea butter on my head before shampooing also have helped. Rinsing really well does help some people.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2005 at 7:12pm
I use vinegar on my hair to clarify, but it doesn't do anything for skin build-up on my scalp.

I find a vigorous massage during your regular wash will allow the build-up to rinse away.

As a teenager I used a nasty prescription shampoo, and for a long time I used head and shoulders. Although they may have medicinal ingredients, I think most dandruff shampoos work by getting your scalp extra clean so the skin build-up will (hopefully) wash off.

We all constantly shed skin cells as our body renews itself. Some people shed more than others. Some of us tend to have thicker skin oil, which prevents the skin from invisibly vanishing.

Is this a sickness? I don't think so, just a normal variation which can be managed with minor modifications to your routine.

If you'd rather, you can buy a dandruff shampoo, but they're kind of hard on the hair.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2005 at 6:30pm
Does anyone know what works for dandruff? Are there any good shampoos or treatments? I heard someone mention Apple cider vinegar rinse how does that work? Thanks for the help.

Cheers
TLSF
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic