Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

new to this topic, with questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new to this topic, with questions
    Posted: March 12 2005 at 5:39pm
Thanks for the link, Anais. That was informative.

I can now say that my hair is 1C, medium, and on the thin side of normal thickness (2 3/4" ponytail). It looks thicker because it's fluffy.

Also, I didn't do the greatest job of measuring, but if I did it right, I got approximately 26.5 inches.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 6:11pm
If you measure at the side of your head, then you'll get a smaller number than if you put the start of the tape measure at your hairline. And it's easier to measure starting at the hairline anyways :)

Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
GoldieLocks92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldieLocks92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 1:09pm
Uh oh...can somebody tell me if I have been doing this wrong?
I have been measuring at the SIDE of my head instead of the back but I have been doing everything else right. Is this considered innacurate?
Hair is BSL+ as of 9/15/05
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 1:55am
Yup.. here's a link to Fia's hairtyping system:
http://homepage.mac.com/annsofie.henriksson/hairtyping/Personal27.html

Then if you click on all the types in the top menu, it will take you to visual examples.

Measuring your hair, you would put the tape measure at the hairline. pull the tape measure back towards the middle of your hair hemline in the back. That number is your hair length. We do it this way because hairs on your head all grow at different rates. There is no other consistent way to measure length.

Great color and your hair looks so thick! :)

Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 1:45am
Hi everyone!

I don't think I've ever posted to this topic before, though I'm not new to the board....or to long hair, for that matter. I have a few simple questions for you:

When you measure, how are you doing so? What is the start point for the tape measure?

Is there a chart somewhere that lists the different texture types that I've seen mentioned from time to time (like C4, etc.)? I searched the forum and the Internet with no luck.

And here is a picture of my hair a couple months ago. I am unfortunately a color junkie, but I just turned it back to natural color so I can let my hair rest for a few months. Sorry the focus and color are a tad off...I have such a hard time getting pics of myself.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic