Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBlue Shampoo for bleached or highlighted hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Keth'ryn View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keth'ryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blue Shampoo for bleached or highlighted hair
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:14am
Hi folks....I thought I'd share a little discovery. I have very darkhair which I highlight blonde. I lighten the streaks to adark honey color then I use a Blue shampoo to furthertone the color to the pale ash blond that I want. Bydoing this instead of bleaching the hair all the waylight I'm able to avoid major damage. When I first triedmy highlights all I could find was violet shampoos. Thisisn't what I wanted since violet tones out yellow butisn't quite as effective with orange/red tones. I neededa real blue shampoo. As a last resort I stopped at thehealthfood store and low and behold..... Jason NaturalsBlue shampoo for gray, blonde, and highlighted hair. Thisstuff is great! It removes all the orange and red tonesfrom my streaks. Not only that but it contains so SodiumLauryth Sulfates and so is very gentle. It's fortifiedwith Hydrolyzed Keratin, Wheat Protien, Wheat AminoAcids, and grapefruit extract. I recommend this stuff toanyone out there who has blonde hair or highlights andwants to tone out the orange/red tones to get a simplybeautiful pale yellow blonde. I alternate this shampooand only use it once or twice a week which is perfect tomaintain the color and rid my hair of brassiness. Also ifyou want to go really pale ash.. try alternating thisshampoo and Clairol Shimmer Lights. With this combo I gofrom very dark orangy honey highlights to near white ashblonde. If you want to try blonde highlights at home and have very dark hair like me or even just a dark blonde give L'oreal Chunking a try. This product works great even on very dark hair and you can use the included chunking cap for thick highlights or get a frosting cap for more natural results.Good luck and Happy Holidays.Keth'ryn
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic