Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAveda's Deep Penetrating Revitalizer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aveda's Deep Penetrating Revitalizer
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:25am
Hi Kara,I have to say "me too" to Sherry's post. I grew a large amount of my hair using the Aveda products. I could never get into the Rosemary Mint and the Cherry Almond Bark definitely did not do it for me although Jeff loves it for his hair. I had great luck with both the Revitalizer and I personally liked the Curressence which I still use a couple of times a month.I alternate between Shampure and Curressence and ARTec Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner. I LOVE ARTec. It makes my hair so soft and silky. However, the Shampure is a great alternate.I tried the Moisture Pac and wrote a detailed review of my findings for Hair Boutique. I personally believe that it is one of the best deep conditioners on the market today.One thing I did discover about Aveda is that the conditioners, Cherry Almond, Deep Revitalizer, Curressence work differently depending on the shampoo. I never liked the results of the Chamomile shampoo with the Deep Reviatlizer but I had good results with the Shampure and Deep Revitalizer.In many ways I think that Cherry Almond works great for chemically untreated hair (which is probalby why it works great for Jeff). My hair is highlighted 4x a year and so I think that is part of the reason I don't have as much luck with it.I still love the Aveda products. But I really get fabulous results with ARTec Smoothing and the Moisture Pac. Everyone's hair is different though. So you have to experiment until you find what works best for you. :-)Best wishes,Have a great day.Karen> Hi Kara!> I was a faithful user of Aveda's Deep Penetrating> Conditioner for almost two years, until I discovered> ARTec's Moisture Pac. I have loose curly hair that I> like to keep well conditioned-- in other words, the> richer the conditioner, the better. While I adored> this product-- it was SUPER moisturizing and very> thick,... you may find it too heavy for your hair if> you already dislike Cherry Almond Bark. The Deep> Penetrating is by far a much heavier, poduct than the> Cherry Almond. Aveda is a terrific line, but perhaps> you may find a conitioner that is more to yourliking> in another line. Have you tried ARTec's texture line?> The smoothing products give great conditioning but are> not as heavy as some of the Aveda line,... and the> aroma is GREAT!> SherryRelated Link:ARTec Moisture Pac Review
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Sherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:24am
Hi Kara!I was a faithful user of Aveda's Deep Penetrating Conditioner for almost two years, until I discovered ARTec's Moisture Pac. I have loose curly hair that I like to keep well conditioned-- in other words, the richer the conditioner, the better. While I adored this product-- it was SUPER moisturizing and very thick,... you may find it too heavy for your hair if you already dislike Cherry Almond Bark. The Deep Penetrating is by far a much heavier, poduct than the Cherry Almond. Aveda is a terrific line, but perhaps you may find a conitioner that is more to yourliking in another line. Have you tried ARTec's texture line? The smoothing products give great conditioning but are not as heavy as some of the Aveda line,... and the aroma is GREAT!Sherry
Kara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:24am
If anyone has used this product, could you please give me all the details? I love Shampure, but I haven't had any luck with Rosemary/Mint(not moisturizing enough), Cherry/Almond Bark(this stuff is AWFUL; just coats my hair!), or Curressence(way too heavy for daily use), so I thought I would try this out. Of course, I'd like to hear any opinions first!Thanks!Kara
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic