Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBurnt Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burnt Hair
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:12am
The combination of highlighting and chlorine in the swimming pool probably had damaged your hair more than you realized. I would recommend using a moisturizing deep conditioner regularly (I like ARTec's Moisture Pak) and when you use the styling brush, use a thermal protectant beforehand (Cortexx makes a good spray-in) and don't leave the brush in as long (or lower the temperature).
Sue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:11am
I was using one the of those metal barrel round brushes (like I've used numerous times before (bought from my stylist), with a hairdryer to 'add lift' to the top back of my hair. Much to my surprise/dismay - it burned the hair right off - a small clump is now about 1" long!My hair is highlighted, and I have been swimming fairly regularly - but I always wash/condition my hair afterwards. I wrote to the dryer mfg to complain.Obviously I will stop using the brush - but do you think this is a defective dryer - or just bad luck on my part or what? Luckily I have thick hair, and this doesn't show - but I shudder to think if it had happened right next to my face - agghh!Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
Regards,

Sue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic