Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBANGS - should i get 'em?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
silvie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BANGS - should i get 'em?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:50am
Amanda-THe CONS: generally speaking, having wavy hair and bangs is really tough to manage. I know, because I used to wear them and I have wavy hair, especially when there's any humidity. If you really want the bangs, you'll need to make a commitment to spend extra time styling every day.The PROS: if you're really into the look, and dont mind spending the extra time with styling, them give it a try! I think it's very cool look and one worth going for. After all, it's only the bang protion of your hair the will require so much extra styling attention.The tool: Aveda's Self Control (looks just like a deodorant tube) is an excellent product to use to keep your bangs laying flatter/straighter and in place. I had great success with it, myself.All in all, I say if you're really into the look, go ahead!good luck. let me know how it works out:) silvie
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:50am
I had my hair redone last year (with bangs) and it was a great change, but now I am growing it back out...I don't know if tis helps, but if you really want to try the style, go for it, and you can always change it later. I don't have any tips on how to style bangs-my hair is always fluffy no matter what-Renee> I love the look of those new mod bangs that are in> style now - that go straight across the forehead and> are very short. But I was advised by a stylist that> this is not a good idea for me. I have thickish> wavy/curly blonde hair. I've had bangs a few times> before and could never make them lay the way I wanted.> Is there a product that will make bang styling easier?> Can it be done with little effort with my type of> hair? Or should I just accept that this look will> never work for me?> Thanks for your help!> -Amanda
Amanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:50am
I love the look of those new mod bangs that are in style now - that go straight across the forehead and are very short. But I was advised by a stylist that this is not a good idea for me. I have thickish wavy/curly blonde hair. I've had bangs a few times before and could never make them lay the way I wanted. Is there a product that will make bang styling easier? Can it be done with little effort with my type of hair? Or should I just accept that this look will never work for me?Thanks for your help!-Amanda
COUNT DOWN TO WEDDING
7 wks left
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic