Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSpoolies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Carolyn B View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolyn B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spoolies
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:01am
Hi Fran!I am not sure that Spoolies are still being made. I remember them from the late 1950's. I harassed my mom into buying some. I thought they were great but she didn't think they worked very well on my hair. I was in an antique store in Hutchinson MN recently and a friend of mine bought a box of old hair curlers and combs and a turn-of-the-century curling iron. There were spoolies in that box. I went nuts at seeing them again. I think there is a foam version out now. I got some at a Claire's. They worked pretty good. It took a long time to roll my hair on them but the result was nice soft curly hair. I have straight hair that I am growing longer and I love to experiment with different looks. Good luck. I hope you can find the spoolies.
fran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:00am
Can anyone tell me where I can purchase Spoolies Hair curlers? They are little rubber rollers that make pincurls.Thanks to anyone who can help me find them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic