Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cut hair to get a style?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Steve View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cut hair to get a style?
    Posted: May 03 2002 at 11:45am
Hi, my name is Steve and I am a hairstylist. I would love to help you. You can email me at modelsteve@hotmail.com Lets talk more about this. Also, if you have any pictures that would really help.
Steve
Guest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2002 at 3:27pm
I just stumbled onto this site. Maybe you all can offer me your opinion.

The question is: Should I cut 4 inches off of my hair?

My short-term goal: Some sort of style

My long-term goal: Has been to have long hair but I encounter one problem after another

The story kept as short as possible: My hair has been overpermed and had long layers cut into it. They look bad because the perm didn`t take so great on the bottom and there appears to be a step from where the hair is a bit wavier on top and where it is straighter on the bottom. Plus, I think my hair was too thin for this much layering. It is currently shorter in the front (a little below chin) and longer in the back ( ~3 or 4 inches below my neck line)

I wonder if I cut it up to the upper most layer and get it just as long in the front as in the back if it will look like I have more style. Also will this help the perm look a little fresher?

I would do it in a heartbeat if I haven`t been so determined to grow my hair. But I think it doesn`t look so great. But cutting it is no guarantee it will look much better.

I could go on and on, so I better stop.

HELP!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic