Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

question for jenny...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: question for jenny...
    Posted: February 26 2005 at 9:22am
Hard to say. Some companies overestimate their lengths, while others are pretty true to spec. When I ordered this H&H cuticle, I do think the length was pretty on the money at 28".

With some hair, the last two inches are a bit crappy, so they say 20 to 22, but you're really going to have to cut it to 20 anyway. I didn't find this with H&H though.

Ideally, the hair should be 26 to 28 regardless of the texture, but again, one never knows. Do report back and let us know, and good luck!

:)
amymusic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2005 at 9:16am
well THANK YOU for warning me about lightning extensions. If it wasn't for you guys, I would have gotten the Black #1 and ignorantly tried to bleach it and ended up with a huge disaster. And $200 something dollars is alot of money to throw away as you have said.

I ended up canceling that and I got the #2 in hand-tied because they didn't have it in machine weft. I heard that hand-tied weft sheds less than machine weft anyway?? I got 26-28 inches long. Which is better because I wanted it really long anyway. So does this mean it is 26, 27, or 28 inches long???
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 3:41am
Your right Kalika, a lot of extensions are dyed with fabric dyes. When I do the 15-20 day depigmentation testing, I was going to look into fabric dyes to pigment the hair again. I am wondering if the colors are going to bleed at all.
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 3:32am
the reason why its so hard to lighten processed extension hair is because not only do they use acid washed and this and that, a lot of times they dont color it with "hair dye" - they use fabrc dyes
juliejetson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliejetson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 9:35pm
I am not an expert on clip in extensions, but if you do decide to cut the weft just put a dab of nail glue or super glue on the end that you cut to stop the weft from fraying. Someone correct me if this is a bad idea. But I know that some people put glue on wefts before weaving to eliminate the shedding. Thats what they taught me at Hairpolice anyway, but I don't do weaves.
amymusic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 9:23pm
i'm canceling it and getting the hand weft in #2. Thanks for your help. I hope they cancel it before they charge my account.

I also just hope I can successfully get the hand-tied weft to work with my hair. I get nervous thinking that I cant cut the weft. I hope I can manuver it to go with my head if you know what I mean. I hope I can get it to reach all the way to the front of my face. It comes in 10 inches wide strips right?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliejetson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 9:20pm
You could dye your hair black. But you can still send that hair back to H&H as long as you don't do anything to it. Did they have 26" black in the 50% Italian Mink available? Maybe they can just switch it. I have never had a problem with the 50% IM, but some people have, since you are just sewing them onto clips and not washing them all the time, you should be fine.

Bridget: I think she means her mom is going to sew over the weft to make it thicker. To lessen the shedding?
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 9:14pm
I was "huh'ing" the sewing machine thing... Syren, we posted at the same time
It is what it is...
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 9:09pm
OKay now who's on crack?! 26"...not 36".
Duh.
Still. Don't dye it however long it is.
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 9:04pm
huh?
It is what it is...
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 9:03pm
You want 26" hair? Are you 7' tall? That's mighty mighty long.
In the name of all that's holy, don't dye your cuticle hair. It may not totally wreck it, but it absolutely will compromise the integrity of it and it will not last as long nor perform as well as it would if you left it alone. (jinx, Juliejetson!!)
Amy, why don't you order some really gorgeous high quality synthetic in the exact color you want- Plastikhaar or Dome or Trimco or that curlable Freetress Futura in #2 (does it come that long?!) - and start there. You can make it as long as you want and do whatever. That way, you're not out $200 plus right off the bat. You can always order cuticle when you're more sure about how those long extensions work for you.
amymusic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 9:00pm
well they still haven't taken the money out of my account, they will tommorow, but i will be at work all day so i can't cancel it. maybe i will just dye my hair black. i feel safer going with the machine weft because my moms sewing machine is in storage and she wont be able to make the track thicker for the clips to sew on. she will have to sew on the clips by hand so the machine weft is best. don't you think? i dunno maybe you are right though.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliejetson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 8:58pm
The bliss hair I don't think is already chemically treated like the H&Hs is. The H&H has black hair color on it, so to get that off I doubt hilift color will work, you might have to use bleach and then put a semi-perm color over it. You would compromise the integrety of the hair and possibly trash it. I would send it back and wait for your color to come in or just buy it from somewhere else, try the Bohyme.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 8:54pm
You bought the machine weft, right? Color #2 is available in the micro thin hand weft. You should send it back and exchange it. For a little more, the micro thin weft comes in a longer length, too.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
amymusic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 8:47pm
not even if i use the highlift color like someone here did on bliss hair? Its only like a shade.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliejetson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 8:31pm
Don't do it. Sorry.
amymusic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 7:57pm
this is the color i wanted to lighten it to. Do you think it is possible to achieve without damage?? As you can see, its not much lighter, but i am not sure how dark the black comes.

amymusic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 7:52pm
uh oh. i ordered the silky straight cuticle in black because they didnt have #2 in 26 inch. I have pretty dark hair I just wanted to lighten it a shade or two. nothing drastic. Are you saying the hair will fall apart??
Scotchyroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 6:37pm
Oh, Amymusic, no no no.... so many bad things can happen. I have tried to lighten the medium brown and the light brown (hisandhers), both with tint and bleach and both times the result was disastrous. I may as well have had a bonfire with the money out back. Please do not waste your time and money like this....honestly better to experiment with cheaper hair in the color you want. I think we've all gotten lucky once. Big respect and apologies for butting in. christina
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 5:56pm
Honestly, Amy, I have no idea. I've never tried it, and it would really depend on how much you wanted to lighten it. There's really no way to predict how it, or any other hair, will respond until you try it.

In general, it's best to buy the color you need from the onset, though.

Good luck! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic