Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Making wefts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Making wefts
    Posted: February 25 2005 at 5:35pm
Christina, I will do anything for my family
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 3:52pm
Kimbearly~Thank You so much for that link!! I live 5 mins away from Glendale!!
Scotchyroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 10:05am
You totally blow my mind with your excellent research. i bookmarked candi, cause her sight is so cool. christina
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 9:46am
I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!

I spoke to candy on the phone and she comes from a long line of wig makers. Her grandfather who is in his 90's used to handmake wigs for maxfactor. She charges $60.00 an ounce to handtie a weft. She also sells European, Italian and Russian hair which is pure and tangle free. She explained to me that the price of European hair has skyrocketed just this past year, most likely because extensions are not just for stars anymore. VEEERRRRRRYYY sweet lady.

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 9:43am
I love the before-and-after horse pictures.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 8:57am
Thank you so much for the info. I am very happy to report that I FOUND SOMEONE!!! She does hair for many of the stars and I am going to call her today

oops - forgot to post the link. She is in Glendale, CA

http://www.candishairextension.com/476880.html

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 3:28am
Thanks Zapevaj for the links. The first one I know about, the second one I added to the weft/wig making site thread.
This is fun for trying at home yourself, which I love to do. The fringe one looks pretty interesting.
I personally am looking for a very professional job for the wefts, as this will be for clients. I don't think they would be too thrilled with my handmade wefts. HeeHee!!
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 3:18am
i made a weft that was about 4" long and got frustrated, never again!!!
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 3:03am
Well, there's these two sites that tell you how, if you're up for that:

http://www.cely.com/doll/weft.html

http://www.misscelestia.com/fringe.html

For the second, you'd probably want to use a bit of spirit gum to temporarily hold the knot in place (instead of the heat, which would be for synth), and then zigzag-stitch over it a few times with a sewing machine.

-Rae

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 12:09am
I have been looking for a while for someone to do this. If I find someone I will post the info.
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 10:13pm
I believe this has come up before but does anyone know of sombody who can make wefts (handtied or machine) from a ponytail?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic