Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

extension ad: guess the method!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: extension ad: guess the method!
    Posted: February 25 2005 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by amm amm wrote:

That's where yours truly had hers done.

Hmm...strange that she ("The Visionary") has several of the same before-and-after photos as the place where I got mine done. I suppose these heads were group efforts? :)

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 12:46pm
That's where yours truly had hers done.

Ahem.
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 12:38pm
You're all so smart!

Yep, it is in fact Hairlocs. At least they say what they do on their site. Here's the salon website: www.sheleen.com

The before and after pics are really tiny. Of course, we all know they look fine while they're in....................
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 10:40am
It's probably either Eurolocs or Hairlocs.

no heat-true

no glue-true

no damage- a big fat lie!
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 8:20am
if it's not the hairlocs/eurolocs... it has to be microlinks or extentubes??
It is what it is...
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 4:31am
Hehe.

My favorite part is "only before seen in Hollywood"!

It's amazing how impressed people are by the fact that someone on TV or in the movies has used a certain type of hair or method--even when the celebrity's hair doesn't look all that great.

So many people have come on this site asking what A or B celebrity wears, and it's just such a bad way to choose a method. I've seen so many frightening pictures of celebrities with trashed hair post-extensions, not to mention the fact that they're so primped and airbrushed in their photo shoots and scenes, you really can't tell if the hair is good or not. And I'm sure they're not exactly "shopping around" to find out which methods are cost effective and safe. These days, I feel like most celebrities are wearing wigs a lot of the time, too.

My other personal fave is "Best Extensions in the WORLD!!!!" The more hyperbole and gratuitious caps, the better; quatro exclamation points are a nice touch, too.

:)

zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 2:34am
Ha, I love this game! You can play it with some many of these damn "extension system" websites, too. Why do so few salons -explain- their method?

I'm guessing Hairlocs, too. And where was it?

-Rae

leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 11:26pm
Nope, the metro comes in huge PDF sections that made my browser freak out. What I wrote out is about 60% of the ad, and what I thought were the most amusing and/or pertinent parts.
juliejetson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliejetson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 11:23pm
Do you have a direct link to that add? Can't find it. But lt me guess without looking...... Hairlocs or Great Lengths?
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 11:15pm
I was reading the Metro today (one of those free newspapers with all the entertainment/dining/whatnot) and I saw an ad for an extension studio. Here are the key lines of the ad: "Brand new technology, only before seen in Hollywood. ... Add beautiful highlights... No heat, no glue, no damage!" Of course, it didn't say what method it was, but I had a guess and went to the website to see if I was right. I was, and I laughed.

So you get three guesses, and I bet you'll get it easy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic