Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dyeing extensions - whilst in head

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dyeing extensions - whilst in head
    Posted: February 25 2005 at 10:52am
I've colored my own hair with shrink links in and several clients, and it doesn't seem to cause a problem. Just rinse out the color very well.
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 12:17am
Cool beans, I'll give it a try. It will atleast look interesting because the extensions are so much more porous then my hair.

I'll post pics when its through.

Dum De Dum Dum!
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 12:09am
I dyed mine when I had micro rings in and they did fine. There was no slippage and no chipping of the rings.
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 11:50pm
I don't think a permanent dye would be the best idea for the extensions (although if you have some leftovers that aren't on your head, you could try). If you're just trying to darken it a little, a veggie would do the least damage, otherwise a semi could work well, too. However, the only extension hair I've colored while on my head were the blonde streaks that turned pink from red veggie dye.
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 11:34pm
Are we yes or not about this? Worrying about microring slippage - though my hair gets pretty greasy. I am starting to get roots and I want to dye the whole shebang (my hair and extension hair) a darker red.

Thanks,

Rose
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic