Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pics of me w/ my new Extensions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
darthmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darthmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pics of me w/ my new Extensions!
    Posted: March 16 2005 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by amymusic amymusic wrote:

By the way, squeezetheshaman, did you ever find that picture of your friend? I am curious to see her.

No, but I havent' looked too hard, I will find it for ya and let you see :) I will just PM it when I find it. It was a pic of her visiting me in the hospital after a work shift for her, and she looked dreadful. (large animal vet)  lol dont wanna post it in a public forum.
adina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 2:07pm

adina, i love the length in your icon. how long is your hair in that pic?

Thank You~My hair is 24" in the picture.Imo I think you will look so pretty with the cut that the girl you posted a picture of has!
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 11:58pm
AMY i am so excited to see!!
i love plastikhaar
amymusic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 9:49pm
Well, I ordered the second batch in 22 inch and I must say that this batch is MUCH better than the first I ordered in 28. It is Thicker and the ends are even and as thick as the rest of the hair. The first batch I got was beautiful when i first got it, but it started to tangle. I have to put a flat iron on it to get it to look almost as nice as the newer batch I got. The ends on the 28 were very stringy and even though I cut about 6 inches off it, it still feels thinner than the other. The good news about it though, is that when I washed it I didn't get a chance to blow dry it and let it air dry and it dried wavey! Which is the look I was orinally going for. I was going to get the cuticle french refined wave, but they didn't have my color. So this works out. I suppose if I scrunch it, the curl will be more pronounced. I tried to layer it a little. Tommorow I will post pictures of the end results.

By the way, squeezetheshaman, did you ever find that picture of your friend? I am curious to see her.

amymusic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 10:02pm
Yes when I receive my 20-22 batch next week, I think I will place it near my lower head to see how long it looks in comparison to the 28 above it. I may end up just putting the 22 above it, cut a few inches off the 28 and just add subtle layers blending the lengths.

I like the sarah brightman's mermaid hair and angelina jolie's "orignal sin" look because they remind me of how girls had their hair in the old days. really long and natural. However, as I am actually realizing now that I would be wearing this EXTRA long hair in public I feel a little silly. I might get a few funny looks and questions about my hair. So I think the Adriana Lima length is a less extreme length and is still long and "glam"
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 4:52pm
Again, your hair looks gorgeous, Amy. I would be careful to cut it sparingly, though. Remember: You can always cut more if it's not enough, but you can't lengthen it after it's gone. For that reason, I recommend baby steps.

With my extensions (and this is a little different since you have clip-ins), I like to start with them at the longest acceptable length; that way, after I've worn the hair for a little while, I can recut it and it's still long. Of course, yours is really high-quality hair that should last a long time and you're not going to be washing and heat-styling them every day.

I love the pic of that girl you posted (I believe she's that VS model, forget her name), but keep in mind that she's wearing it straight and it's a whole different look than the Sara Brightman/Anglina Jolie look you originally wanted. I agree that those longer lengths can be a bit much for daily wear (and that yours would look better at least 1 1/2 inches shorter), but if you're using them for a photo shoot, you can always keep them long for the pics, then cut them again afterward. I suppose a lot of this depends on the kind of photo shoot this is, what you'll be wearing for it, your makeup, and so forth.

Anyway, it's your hair--enjoy it! :)
amymusic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 4:16pm
adina, i love the length in your icon. how long is your hair in that pic?
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 2:25pm
amy, i love the hair too, and you are a looker!!! HOTTIE!!!!
i love plastikhaar
AfroPuffs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AfroPuffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 2:13pm
YEAAAAAA!!!

Amy, I'm so glad you finally found some hair. I was pulling for you to find something you liked. I was worried there for a second that you were going to give up your search but you stuck it out and you hair looks beautiful and you're a cutie too.

I second or third that the hair is too long. You're face is really pretty and the long hair takes away the focus from that.

How did you put the hair in?
darthmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darthmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 2:01pm

Oh and by the way, my first name is actually Jodie-Amy. Everybody calls me Jodie though. I just made amymusic because that use to be my id for my website because jodieamymusic and jodiemusic was too long.

Maybe we do know eachother??

Nah the girl I am referring to is a Trina. I am still in shock over the similarity, it is identical. I am going to have to dig up a pic and PM ya with it. It really is wierd.

Good luck with your hair :) I love that second style, the long and layered, straight. very hot. but love the curls too :)
darthmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darthmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 1:56pm

Oh and by the way, my first name is actually Jodie-Amy. Everybody calls me Jodie though. I just made amymusic because that use to be my id for my website because jodieamymusic and jodiemusic was too long.

Nah the girl I am referring to is a Trina. I am still in shock over the similarity, it is identical. I am going to have to dig up a pic and PM ya with it. It really is wierd.

Good luck with your hair :) I love that second style, the long and layered, straight. very hot. but love the curls too :)
darthmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darthmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 1:55pm

Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 9:29pm
Very pretty pictures but I side with your mother. The hair is too long for your features and it takes away from your beautiful face and big eyes. My eyes are drawn downward instead of focusing on your face.
amymusic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 7:39pm

amymusic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 7:38pm
Thanks everyone you are all so nice! I do plan to cut it and layer it. Similiar to this picture, but a little longer.

I just ordered the second batch in 20-22 because I know now I don't need it any longer than that!

Now answers to your questions...

The hair I got was 26-28 inches long. I actually cut a few inches off before I took those pics, so it came even longer! Just the ends were a little stringy.

It cost 281 including 3 day ground shipping which they only charged me 7 bucks for.

By batch I mean 1/4 pound. I made 2 tracks out of 6 wefts. I had two extra wefts and made two little ones to clip into my bangs to blend them out more.

I used a 3 barrel waving iron.

Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 6:32pm
thats so pretty!

BTW its your hair, dont cut it unless YOU want to
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 6:29pm
Oh my god, that's LONG! How much did it cost?

You do really look like a princess, though- esp. with the wave!

-Rae
LuckieDuckies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckieDuckies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 5:58pm
amy you really do look like a princess : ) beautiful hair
adina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 5:46pm
It looks Lovely!You did an amazing job!Congrats~
I would cut it to the middle of your ribs~
adina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 5:45pm
It looks Lovely!You did an amazing job!Congrats~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic