Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Totally O/T: Colored Contacts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
xoxsn0whitexox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xoxsn0whitexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Totally O/T: Colored Contacts
    Posted: March 17 2005 at 10:33am
hey guyz i have been getting contacts for like the last year and a half and i have perfect vision....They are from trycolorcontacts.com and they are the freshlook dimensions... here is the link    http://www.store.yahoo.com/trycolorcontacts/di mensions.html
I always gets comments on how people think my eyes are so BLUE!! they are naturally blue but i enhane them but these change ur eye color too...I have gotten them in a ton of colors..they are $20 for a pair...but ive had mine for like a couple months...But i dont wear them everyday..they are awesome...I used to have the ultra violet ones...where they were solid like neon purple and they freaked people out...but were fun...but they cost some $$$$  but try the ones i linked!! goodluck....
darthmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darthmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2005 at 2:37am
Originally posted by Syren123 Syren123 wrote:

Originally posted by SqueezetheShaman SqueezetheShaman wrote:

[You take her contacts, I want her figure!

Well, you could make payments like she probably does and have those boobs in a couple of hours!

I didn't realize you could change dark brown eyes so well, I never considered it, thanks for the thread and pics :)

Don't know why she bothers with contacts at all since most people won't get up that far. The boob job was the better investment.
RRRROOOOOWWWW!!
(Pulling in cat claws)
Sorry. I just couldn't help it.

lmao, already invested in those little gals a while ago. They don't come with a tiny waist and hips though, unfortunately

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 11:24pm
When I went for my eye exam last time i mentioned to the doc I wanted to try color lenses and he let me try a whole bunch of colors on the spot and then pick the ones I liked best for him to get me a free pair of (they are two week disposiables) in my prescription.  I ended up getting the blue for two weeks and deciding that on second though I'd go with the ones that made my medium brown eyes light brown.

I also think they wear different than clear lenses (which I've had for 13 years).  But most of the time i just wear my glasses anyhow so I could be wrong...
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by SqueezetheShaman SqueezetheShaman wrote:

[You take her contacts, I want her figure!

Well, you could make payments like she probably does and have those boobs in a couple of hours!

I didn't realize you could change dark brown eyes so well, I never considered it, thanks for the thread and pics :)

Don't know why she bothers with contacts at all since most people won't get up that far. The boob job was the better investment.
RRRROOOOOWWWW!!
(Pulling in cat claws)
Sorry. I just couldn't help it.

Edited by Syren123
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Alyssa_ Alyssa_ wrote:

Here is a link to a forum with unretouched pics of the natural touch lenses on dark brown eyes. Scroll towards the middle of the page to see her real eye color. These really are the best colored lenses I have ever seen, and I've used a lot! http://www.aclens.com/contact_lens_forums/toast.asp?sub=show &action=posts&fid=1&tid=2150

OH MY GOD!!!! Those blue eyes look more natural on her than her own!!
But what about her hair? What's she wearing there, I wonder? It looks pretty.
Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 2:19pm
See what I mean?!? These contacts are different from the color blends which just blend some colors in with your own.... These TOTALLY change your eye color! I want them soooo bad! I've heard that Paris Hilton really has brown eyes and she wears these to make them blue... I must admit, her's look identical to these blue eyes...

Edited by CaliforniaKristin
darthmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darthmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2005 at 2:10pm

Originally posted by CaliforniaKristin CaliforniaKristin wrote:

Here's an example of the contacts I want. I've seen this girl around for a LONG time and her eyes are naturally brown. Here's a pic of her with her contacts on, anyone know what brand these are?

You take her contacts, I want her figure!

Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 12:29am
Here's an example of the contacts I want. I've seen this girl around for a LONG time and her eyes are naturally brown. Here's a pic of her with her contacts on, anyone know what brand these are?

redhairedgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 1:34pm
Hey, something I can help Jenny with!
I wear green tinted contacts by "for eyez", been using them for ages. Personally I find them comfortable. I have muddy blue coloured eyes for real and green goes with my skin-tone and hair.
Don't know if you can get "for eyez" in your part of the world, but there will be something similar.
Good luck trying contacts!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 10:27pm
Oh, I'm sure a lot of celebrities wear them! (Lil Kim's and Paris' look more fake, or obvious, so you notice them more, but I'm sure many, many others wear them, too.) :)
amymusic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 9:57pm
how come celebrities dont wear colored contacts? The only 2 celebs I know of that do are Paris Hilton and Lil Kim. It seems strange that they are the only ones.

Are these elegance opaques the only opaques on the market? are they better than freshlook in that they make the eyes look lighter than the freshlook or in that they feel more comfortable?

I'm thinking about getting gray.
Alyssa_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alyssa_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 5:46pm
I have used the coopervision expressions, which from what I understand, is just a disposable version of the natural touch.

BTW, Mer, my natural eye color is almost the same as yours, and I have the same aqua lenses that you posted about! They are great lenses also - for light colored eyes anyway.
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 5:41pm
Alyssa have you used those?

I think I neeeeeeeed the baby blue ones....
i love plastikhaar
Alyssa_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alyssa_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 5:10pm
Here is a link to a forum with unretouched pics of the natural touch lenses on dark brown eyes. Scroll towards the middle of the page to see her real eye color. These really are the best colored lenses I have ever seen, and I've used a lot!

http://www.aclens.com/contact_lens_forums/toast.asp?sub=show&action=posts&fid=1&tid=2150
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 4:30pm
Wow! Does everyone on this site wear contacts? This is all great information--thanks to everyone who responded.

SPP: Nah...I'm not Scottish, actually--just a watered-down Italian-English-American mix. But I was getting a bit bored of my user pic and came across this cool pic of Sir Sean online....

:)
divinediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 3:57pm
JennyRR....i'm loving the icon u have of sean connery and the Scottish flag. I was born and brought up in Scotland before moving to London and all my family are in Scotland, R u Scottish?

xx
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 3:22pm
I tried the freshlook colored contacts once. I couldn't wear them because they were too thick and bothered my sensitive eyes. I only need correction in one eye, so the one that normally wore a contact was fine, but the other one was really irritated by the colored lens. Of course, I gave up on the one contact after 6 months because it bothered me. Now, three years later, I've started again, and there have been improvements in the technology, so the clear ones at least are more comfy.

I tried blue ones on my dark brown eyes, and it looked creepy and unnatural, but green ones looked hazel, which was nice. They just bothered me too much to wear longer than 30 minutes. Since your eyes aren't super dark to begin with, the tinted ones might work, and they're probably thinner.

And, Jenny, call around a few places for the cost of a contact lens fitting....they can really vary from place to place.
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 2:50am
Rose~Have you worn Toric lenses before? I ordered them as they are better for an astigmatism. I was unable to wear them due to the thickness of these lenses. I've tried Toric lenses twice now and can't stand them in my eyes for more than 5 minutes.
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 1:41am
I was at the optomterists on Saturday and besides new frames I also ordered regular toric (for astig) and green tori - without a prescription in them. Just to see what I'd look like

With all this red hair, my medium brown/goldy eyes arent cutting it. :)

I like my eyes, I just want choices.

Rose
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 1:41am
I was at the optomterists on Saturday and besides new frames I also ordered regular toric (for astig) and green tori - without a prescription in them. Just to see what I'd look like

With all this red hair, my medium brown/goldy eyes arent cutting it. :)

I like my eyes, I just want choices.

Rose
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic