Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

beautifulindianhair.com samples arrived

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: beautifulindianhair.com samples arrived
    Posted: March 09 2005 at 9:44pm
The curly is really wooly...but then I just washed and conditioned it and it is curling up pretty well. This is the kind of hair that looks really good on black women - the color is natural on them, and when they wear it long and shiny and curly like this, it looks really really pretty. It's a bit coarse for us white girls. And it looks totally Indian - think of those Indian women you see around wearing saris and long braids down their back! It looks just like that.
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 9:23pm
Got mine, too. I believe that it is truly unprocessed, virgin hair which is why it is pretty unattractive. It feels kind of oily, it's way uneven, and my samples have a real third world country-type smell, like mothballs (i've smelled it before for sure). To be fair, this hair is just what she represented it to be. We're just not used to it in this state - the hair we buy is many steps up the food chain. I'm sure that if a person wanted to process it for herself - get a whole bunch and draw it to get more hair of one length, lighten it, dye it, WASH IT - it would probably turn out okay. But for our intents and purposes, it's a bit too raw. Explains the cheap price.
The wavy hair sample resembles very closely the hair I got the very first extensions I had in 1990 - same color & wave, but the hair I bought was much longer and very clean and even. It was also $900. But I wore it for several years and still have it - I've pretipped some of it and have it on right now and it's still in great shape.
I bet this Lola Noble has a line on this stuff somehow - raw cut hair that's not high enough quality for the likes of Great Lengths but is still good enough for the extension or wig industry.
It's good hair - just not for what we want.
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 9:07pm
On my package it says:

Lola Noble
Remi Hairs
30-70 32nd Street, #3
Astoria, NY 11102
AfroPuffs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AfroPuffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 8:52pm
Amm and Kim,

I'm curious,

Can you look at your packing and tell me where the hair was shipped from? Thanks
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 8:09pm
Got mine also and here too was not impressed. The hair was dry dry dry and it made my bliss hair look like gold (which isn't saying much). I found my samples to have some type of oily coating on it - not as much as the bliss but I did detect something.

moving on...
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 6:50pm
J - Yep. Looks like it was cut right off someone's head and then attached to a zig zag type weft. It's about 8-10" in length, scraggly uneven ends and about 5" wide. Not a whole lot - just enough to kind of look at and feel.

There was no stank to it like the Bliss hair. It wasn't oily or saturated with anything. I didn't look closely at it to see if it was treated for lice. Ew. And here I am at work and it's sitting on my kitchen table. Ew. Ew ew ew ew.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 6:26pm
AMM: Do you think it's raw, unprocessed, full-cuticle, virgin hair? (Or whatever other qualifiers you want to use, lol.)

Not that I'm in the market for it at all--I think virgin Indian hair would probably be a disaster for me. I'm just curious,

:)
kristinc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristinc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 12:15pm
I received mine as well. Since I do not have very much experience with extensions hair, I wasn't very impressed with what i saw either. I bought some clearance hair from superharifactory. Just to try it for a month. They guaranteed it not to tangle for a month. This seems exacly like what I bought. although my curly isn't as nappy as the examples I received.
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 11:57am
That's a shame. But then again, it is very inexpensive given what they claim it is. I don't mind the dark colors, but if the quality is just so-so, then who cares.

Hope that means my samples come today as well. $3.95 to sample the hair sure beats $165 for the same disappointment.
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 11:54am
I received the samples last night in the mail; straight, wavy, curly. They're all in very dark brown/black.

Nothing remarkable here. The curly sample was a matted mess with a large rat's nest on the ends. When I tried to straighten it, it wasn't even attached to the weft and just pulled right off.

I guess if you're into this type of human hair, you may want to try it for the price. The straight and wavy weren't bad but they weren't anything special either.

Rating: a disinterested shrug.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic