Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

celebrities extensions...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
posh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote posh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: celebrities extensions...
    Posted: March 11 2005 at 11:53am
Paris' grandfather is dating the sister of the woman who founded GL, or some crazy connection like that, so I always assumed GL... Although you'd think after so many applications she'd have nothing natural left on her head. :S
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 1:58am
I was reading the TV Guide today, and there was an article on Paris Hilton. If you look closely at the picture, you can see the bonds. Looks like fusion, I think.

I tried to find a pic, but no go. You'd think the stylist could've hid the bonds better for the picture.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 9:36pm
Gluing in wefts is still one of the easiest ways for DIYer. I just takes alot of care and patience in removal so you dont do damage. I do like ChrissyV glue and find it much easier to remove than ANY other bonding glue. The price is high and the color matching issue is the only reasons that Id use LG over the CV. LG is the next best thing to give a strong bond.

If you want them to last awhile, the sandwiching really works, and you apply the glue to the weft and the natural hair at the roots but not directly on the scalp.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 9:05pm
Hmm...I never glue in wefts, so I have no firsthand knowledge at all. That said, a lot of people have had success with Sherrie's method (posted here: http://p080.ezboard.com/fhair18356frm6.showMessage?topicID=1076.topic ). I believe Sherrie prefers to use Chrissy V for this, but LG should work too. With Sherrie's method, the wefts are "sandwiched," creating a longer-lasting bond.

Good luck! :)
michelle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 8:20pm
Oh really i bet she has used everything in the book LOL LOL i would to with all the money she has. HAHA i also have a question when using LG glue do you apply it to the weft and to the part where your going to apply it to? how far should it e from the roots?
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 6:07pm
I know she had Great Lengths at one point, which is strand-by-strand fusion with keratin glue, but I tend to agree with Katherine: She's probably had lots of methods at this point. Most recently, she's been wearing wigs, and someone recently said they saw her with a ponytail (which I assume was a clip-on, although I didn't see it).

For more information on fusion and other methods, you might want to check out two threads at the top of these boards: Extensions 101 and Bridget, Your Question is Here, which will give you an overview.

Good luck! :)
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 1:32pm
I saw a picture once that looked like she had hairlocs or extentubes showing. Kristin said she saw a pic that looked like pinchbraids.

She's probably tried everything.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
michelle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 1:18pm
hey i was wonderign if anyone knew what type of method paris hilton has to put her extensons in? i know she use's GL's but does that mean it was glued in? i also have a quick question about glue how do you guys glue (if use glue) youe extensions in? what type do you use and how do you apply it?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic