Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gettin ready 4 install part 2!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gettin ready 4 install part 2!
    Posted: March 16 2005 at 8:20am

Gina, can't wait to see!

LuckieDuckies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckieDuckies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 11:11pm
sounds good gina! cant wait to see the pics im sure it looks fabulous : )
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 11:00pm

How many tubes? Hmmmm? I'll say 150-175 med. tubes

Time....hard to say. In between my wine breaks and my girls' smoke breaks, and our phone calls...3-4hrs?

Keep in mind I went for an edgy,disconected, long shag "look". So I don't think this needs as much hair as a long luscious mane of a style! Still workin on my sides!

Dangit! I'm gonna be up like a crackhead tonight!

Must finish!!!! 

Edited by Gina E
LuckieDuckies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckieDuckies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 10:47pm
gina was just curious as to what size tubes you used and how many?  also how long it took ya...
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 10:37pm

Didn't mean to leave u all hangin...

Finishing my last section. Hallelujiah!!!!!!

I added a 30/1b blend underneath...not to fond of the 30. Looks a pit appricoty?

I'll tone to my liking and all will be good!

I LOVE  tubes over shrinkies... hands down! DIY FRIENDLY and MORE COMFY!!!!!

Pics tomorrow...pinky swear!

Edited by Gina E
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 9:01am
I think that's a good idea w/the home made cereal box shield.  I got the heat wand a little too close to the plastic shield and it dented it a little.   
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 5:50pm
I would recommend using one of those circular, plastic template-thingies that people use for fusion. They're a little cumbersome, but they enable you to isolate the hair without getting any spare hairs in the mix. :)

Edited to say: Oops! Simultaneous post. I guess Marie and I are on the same wavelength. :)
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 5:48pm
You could use the plastic sheild. You pull the hair through the whole and clip it with a little hair clip.You can make one seeing as how your doing ths right now . Cut a peice of card board (like cerel box) in to a circle about 2 and a half round cut a line to center and then a hole in the center big enoughf for the section of hair. this will keep your other hair safe. I hope you get what I'm sayingdose this make sence
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 5:32pm
Thanks all for the tips on the previous thread.
Clarified my scalp and went straight 4 the dish soap...Squeaky clean!
Now that I'm parting off..I have these little flyaways
aka new growth. I'm worried they'll get dragged into my sections...which is no good!
Any tips for this dilema?
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic