Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Never try this...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
molkettie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote molkettie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Never try this...
    Posted: February 08 2002 at 10:29am
No, I didn`t!! Your hair forms natural dreadlocks then and thats the look I wanted- I`m not a bum though, I did have daily showers!! My hair`s very long and it looked great after a while- I got a lot of compliments on it as it went very shiny and I ended up with a dreaded- curl effect that I`ve never seen before on anyone else, when it`s usually dry and horrible.
I couldn`t stand in any longer though and washed it after the two weeks with industrial strength shampoo and hot oil conditioner- it felt fabulous!!
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2002 at 7:07am
You didn`t wash your hair for two weeks! ... I don`t think I could stand that!
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
molkettie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote molkettie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2002 at 6:48am
After not washing my hair for 2 weeks and running around, it looks perfectly grunge and thats the way it should be! Grunge isn`t dead- it just got better.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2002 at 6:30am
Hi,

Yes, Amber June is right, too much olive oil and you can get really flat hair. One way to get olive oil out is to take a gentle shampoo, pour a little into the palms of your hands, rub to spread the shampoo and then carefully pat the shampoo on your DRY HAIR from the roots of your hair down to the ends. Don`t rub or your risk break hair. This will break up the olive oil. Then after you have patted the shampoo onto your hair, wait about 1-2 minutes and then step into a lukewarm, not hot, shower. Let the water soak into your hair and then carefully pat the suds throught your hair. Rinse really really well. If your hair still feels greasy, apply more shampoo to your hair and rinse again. Do NOT finish with a cool rinse.

If this does not work, get some cornstarch or cornflower. This is very MESSY so get towels or do this in a bathroom that you can clean up. Sprinkle a little cornstarch from the roots to the ends ofyour hair. Don`t use a lot. Sprinkle the cornstarch and then pat it into your hair. Then use a clarifying shampoo like Neutragena, Edwin Paul Classic, Philou Green Apple or Prell and then shampoo and rinse well.

If none of this works, email me at shelton@hairboutique.com and I will give you some last ditch effort recipes for oil removal.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2002 at 2:35pm
Olive oil is extremely heavy! You have to wash your hair more than just once to get it out! And you really didn`t need to condition because you aleady have moisturized it with the oil! Also, you should only put that oil on the ends of your hair... not all over and rubbed into scalp like a shampoo!
Maybe that`s what you did wrong.... ?
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
Jenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2002 at 9:35pm
For Christmas I got this book with all kinds of spa recipes so I tried one of the deep conditioners. It said to mix 1/4 cup of olive oil with 6 drops of the lavender essential oil (which came with the book) So I did and I left it on for 10 minutes, just like the book said. I rinsed and then shampooed it, JUST like the book said. Then this morning (I conditioned last night) I woke up to find my hair....flat. I brushed it and when I looked in the mirror again it was a greasy mess. I`m not sure what happened (and I just got through a war with the shampoo against my hair) To give you an idea of what it looks like, picture your hair after about 2 weeks of not washing it after you ran around all day for those two weeks. Just don`t do this conditioner! Does anyone know what went wrong?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic