Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dark brown turned out black..Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
viviana View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viviana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dark brown turned out black..Help
    Posted: July 24 2002 at 4:52pm

I always change my color every sixth months so this time I decided to color my hair black using a demi-permanent color dye. Now i`m starting to worry it will never come off. I emailed clairol to make sure if its temporary and the said some colors may be permanent. Oh great, but i`ve been doing some reaserch online this what i come up so far to remove temp- dark color. I`ve already bought some products.

dawn dish washer to wash your hair

another thing i found to use to your shampoo is..
add 1/3 cup of baking soda and 1/2 shampoo
leave for 20 minutes shampoo and condition
(hairboutique.com)

PHYTO HUILE D`ALES, is natural oil to mosturize, it may remove hair color or you could try the warm olive oil or almond oil thing too, leave for 20 minutes.,(i ordered this one its 20 bucks)

prell shampoo i found online, its imposible to find in a regular drug store.

I also read clarifying shampoo

I also heard selsum blue could work

But if its permanent, i don`t know. I had my hair black permanent for 4 years. I did everything from dying an ash blonde so my roots could be blonde and the rest could be black. I went to get my hair strip and it got really fried and ended choppin everything off. Thats what i learned during the years, just chop it all off and start fresh again because it is hard to find someone that really know what they are doing.

good luck
baby*flower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby*flower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2002 at 7:08pm
what colour was ure hair before u died it ?? just curious
Sunshine View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2002 at 6:43pm
This kinda thing always happens to me. I have medium brown hair. Three years ago I used Feria, whatever their light golden brown is called. My hair came out a deep deep auburn bordering on sable. An acquaintance looked at me and said, "What happened to you? Looks like someone took some shoe polish to your head!" Doesn`t matter what dye I use, permanent or color rinse, I`ll pick a lighter shade and always get one a few shades darker than my natural.

Time will take the harshness away as it fades and you get used to the shock when you see this raven hair looking back at you in the mirror. The only other thing I can think of is a salon visit. Maybe they can give you highlights to lighten it up a bit but only effect strands of your hair rather than the whole head.

AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2002 at 2:15pm
This happened to me to a few years ago. I had highlights I wanted to cover, to get back to my natural med-dark brown hair. My hair also looked almost black! It was a shock, but I`ll tell you, it did fade within a few weeks to normal brown. Have patience & wash often. Wear a hat or whatever. You don`t need to do anything with color, just let it fade, I promise, it will work out!!
( I went & cut all mine off!! I regretted it)
OH...and you don`t need Prell, just use Neutragena anti-residue shampoo it works well. You may not want to use it every wash, just every so often.
mommak8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommak8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2002 at 5:47pm
Hi,

I can`t find Prell either (I`m the one who originally posted about lightening hair color). Through my other research, I`ve read that you can buy a color remover at Sally`s (metalix) or on the web (colorfix) but it is kind of tricky/unpredictable and can be damaging. Often you need to re-dye after the color is lifted and the results can be goofy. I decided that it was not worth the risk, since my hair is not hideous, just a bit too dark for me. I don`t know how you feel about waiting it out. If you absolutely cannot stand it for 2 weeks, I would go to a salon if I were you.

I have been shampooing with 1/2 dish liquid (Ajax!) and 1/2 clarifying shampoo (always followed by a good conditioner for 2-3 mins), then every other day I put a hot extra virgin olive oil pack on my hair and cover it with plastic for like 30 mins to 1 hour, b/c I read that also helps lift color, plus it conditions it really well. It is starting to lighten, infact some of my old highlights are starting to come through which helps alot. I also wash my hair in the hottest water I can stand, as heat helps fade color.

Arg. I know how frustrating this is, believe me. For the future, I have learned that if you hair is porous (from previous coloring) color will "grab" and you should go a shade or two lighter than you want. Also treating it with a protein filler (available at Sally`s) helps close the porosity a bit before you color. HTH!!
IR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2002 at 6:27pm
i used nice and easy deep brown yesterday and it turned out jet black. I don`t know why but it did. I hate it. I am afraid to try and dye a lighter shade so soon and I can`t find any products to lighten it. What do I do besides going to a salon. I`ve read the post about Prell but I can`t find it. So basiclly, I`m running out of options

Help
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic