Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

help and will this work?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help and will this work?
    Posted: November 17 2004 at 7:13am
I saw your answer in the other post too, so I'll just respond here. It doesn't matter if you're a guy, you can still go to a salon and have them dye your hair back to your natural color if you want, or just a darker color if you want. I know plenty of guys who've dyed their hair, so don't worry about it, just go for what you want.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
irisheyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irisheyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2004 at 8:28pm
like when i blow dry my hair it looks light and that also when i cut it it doesnt look light so i dunno whats going on" it weird my mom said it was dye but i think its bleach beacuse when i dont put gel in my hair it looks light
Look up
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2004 at 8:41am
Did you do anything to your hair? You say it's been since 2001, do you mean its growing a lighter color naturally? Or do you just have long hair, and the hair from 2001 is still on your head, and that's the only hair you want darker?

I'm just asking to get a better idea of what's going on. If you just want it darker, you can go to a salon and ask them to dye it darker, no problem.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
irisheyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irisheyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2004 at 1:50pm
well im a male and i dunno I f I'm parinod but I guess its bleach cuze i still have color in my hair and its been since 2001? is this true and what do I do will my hair ewver go back dark??? I mean wtf is stressing me out and im in college so any idea??
Look up
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2004 at 9:38am
Actually, bleach and dye are not the same thing. Bleach lightens your hair, and dye adds color to it.

If you want to go to a darker color, you need only dye your hair. But if you want to go to a lighter color, you need to use a product that will lighten it first.

Semipermanent hair color (level 2) contains only dye. Permanent hair color (level 3) lightens hair slightly, which has a bleaching effect. Then it dyes the lightened hair in the same process.

Lightening the hair will make color stay much better, as long as it is no so damaged that color no longer takes.

To go to a much lighter color, you would need to bleach your hair, then use a separate toner to color it. This is very hard on the hair, which is why so many people with highlighted hair have serious damage to the hair.

If your hair is lighter than you want it, you might consider either going to Sally's to get a coloring product, or seeing a professional who specializes in fixing coloring problems.

No matter how badly you treat your hair, it will always grow back in to its natural color and texture.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
irisheyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irisheyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2004 at 8:46pm
Well I guess bleach and dye are same thing right???well i had brown and somehow i have this light blond or what the hell it is , i cant get it out of my hair and wondered if i shave it will it grow back to my old color
Look up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic