Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I need help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mandie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need help
    Posted: December 28 2004 at 5:02pm
Hiya, what colour is your hair now? Is it still blonde with dark roots? If so, then just colour the roots, and not the ends. Your hair is most certainly breaking off from the build up of colour. Keep having regular trims and deep conditioning treatments and stay away from any heat apliances.
I would definately go to a salon to get the roots done, don't do it yourself. Good luck xx
Kelianna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelianna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2004 at 9:44pm
Thank you so much for your reply, it's comforting to know there are other people with a similar situation.
I too feel my hair in it's shoulder lenght is way too short for my taste,I feel like it's holding me back because I feel so uncomfortable.

I know some people say it's just hair, but it's not just hair, at least not for me , it goes beyond that. I will stop coloring my hair this month and I will let you know how it turns out

Hope your hair keeps on getting healthier and longer, please keep me updated with it. Lots of good luck
tesseract and amethyst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tesseract and amethyst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2004 at 10:12pm
Hi there K,

Yes, you and I have something in common: hair that let's us know when enough chemicals are enough. For DECADES my hair would not budge past my shoulders, but then I was colouring, relaxing, blowfrying and heat styling - all at once.

It wasn't until the past year that the little broken off hairs everywhere got really, really bad.

Then this summer, I went crazy with the colouring again, three different ones. My hair was FRIED big time.

I got half the damage chopped off last month and stopped torturing my hair. I am trying very hard to avoid getting the rest cut off because I look too much like a boy for my taste now.

So yes, 'just say no' to the hair colour is probably what you hair is trying to tell you. As an experiment you couild try not colouring it and baby it for awhile and see if that helps. At very least, it can't hurt.

(Mine has made a major turnaround since I cleaned up my act. Hopefully this time next year I will have some decent length back but it will be thick and healthy not damaged and yucky like before.)
Relaxed 4b/4a (right side only)
Big Chop 11-6-04
Goals: healthy hair, then growth to
terminal length
Kelianna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelianna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2004 at 3:20pm
Thank you for your reply. It has ben really frustrating going to long beautiful hair that used to be complimented to barely shoulder hay textured like hair.

I really want it to grow again, but Im worried that it is never goint to be the same again.

Everytime I brush I can see on a table or my shirt little pieces of hair. I wan to to know if dyieng hair can have that effect to damage hair to that extent.

Another thing is I dont want to color it anymore but I cant walk around with roots all over because of the difference beteween my natural color and the one I have now.

Another thing is that my hair is extremely greasy, I shampoo it in the morning and at night you start to feel the grease and the next day it's horrible already, so I if you could give me any advice to keep it looking good without having to wash and blow dry it every 2 days.

Thank you
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2004 at 7:44pm
It could very well be that your hair's breaking off at that length. It's up to you what you do, but it wouldn't hurt to take a break from the processing until you have some virgin hair to work with, and then treat it gently, so it will grow for you.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Kelianna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelianna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2004 at 7:09pm
I used the many times mentiones sun- in and I had long dark brown hair. My hair started to feel like gum and it's texture was horrible. I went to a stylist and she cut off my hair ear length, ther thing is this was over 3 years ago and my hear doesn't seem to be growing. I started dyeing my hair blonde so it looked overprocessed, so I toned the color down and I see roots but I dont see length. I really dont know if it is because my hair breaks off.
My roots seem ok in texture but as the hair groiws it changes, so I'm thinking about stopping the dye thing to see if I can see the growth.

I wanted to know if my lack of length is because I color my hair and it makes it weak and it breaks. If I start this new thing will I see any change?

People tell me that hair grows to a certain length in some people but I know I can have it longer because I had it, so it's not a matter of it not being possible but Im not seeing it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic