Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Relaxing hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
angela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Relaxing hair
    Posted: March 08 2002 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Julie Julie wrote:

I am caucasian and I also have very unruly curly hair. I just straightened my hair with a product called Rusk Radical Anti-Curl. It's a professional product that doesn't use lye. You can see if your hairdresser can get it for you or you can get it online or at a good beauty supply and do it at home. It relaxes the curl beautifully, doesn't burn, doesn't smell and didn't damage my hair. I still have curl in my hair, but it only took me 10 minutes to blow it perfectly straight where it usually takes 45. You might want to consider trying this product. Good luck.

I just read about Rusk on the internet. How does your hair hold up in the humidity?
Julie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2002 at 10:21pm
I am caucasian and I also have very unruly curly hair. I just straightened my hair with a product called Rusk Radical Anti-Curl. It`s a professional product that doesn`t use lye. You can see if your hairdresser can get it for you or you can get it online or at a good beauty supply and do it at home. It relaxes the curl beautifully, doesn`t burn, doesn`t smell and didn`t damage my hair. I still have curl in my hair, but it only took me 10 minutes to blow it perfectly straight where it usually takes 45. You might want to consider trying this product. Good luck.

billabong_gurl12345678 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billabong_gurl12345678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2002 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by qtfairy qtfairy wrote:

Hi, I have wavy/curly hair. I would really like to have straight hair. I was thinking abour relaxing my hair to get it straight. The thing is, is that I'm not african american. I'm white, and I have wavy/curly hair. Am I allowed to relax my hair? What was the experiences you had with relaxing your hair? What was the before and after? Thanks.

I have a great tip for you. Yes I have wavy hair to and yes I have tryed relaxing my hair!! If you want bone-straight hair it just wont work after your done with the relaxer, you have to blow-dry it and then you can straighten it with a curling iron, it works great!
vicki
Becs View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2002 at 9:39pm
Hi

I too am a white girl and I have extremely curly frizzy "large" hair. I have straightened my hair once,and the comments made above are right. You will still have the wave or curl depending on your texture of hair. However, I have just purchased the Phytorelaxer products and intend using this on my hair. I expect the hair to be dry and brittle and I know that I will have to apply conditioning treatments constantly. But figured its worth a shot. What ever you decide - Good Luck -
Rachel B. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2002 at 1:53am
ive heard many ppl say that it doesnt get rid of the waves or curls & they still have 2 blow dry it straight,i never relaxed my hair tho,i just heard ppl saying that
qtfairy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qtfairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2002 at 3:57pm
Hi, I have wavy/curly hair. I would really like to have straight hair. I was thinking abour relaxing my hair to get it straight. The thing is, is that I`m not african american. I`m white, and I have wavy/curly hair. Am I allowed to relax my hair? What was the experiences you had with relaxing your hair? What was the before and after? Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic