Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

spiral perm in Maryland

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
emailisfun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emailisfun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: spiral perm in Maryland
    Posted: November 15 2004 at 2:48pm
Juggle,

thanks for writing. i would love to find an unbiased message board where people write comments about local stylists, but i''ve never found such a thing.

i have spent hours on the internet looking, but no luck.

does the site you found also offer messageboards for other cities?
Thanks!
JUGGLEFREAK View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUGGLEFREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2004 at 7:49pm
I don't live in Maryland, but I think "lost232" idea is a great one! I did that...I entered the name of my town online and they gave me a wide range of names of different stylists in my town with a profile of each stylist and message boards of what people think of the stylist...you should definetely try it!!!!
Good luck!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emailisfun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2004 at 10:34am
"Ummm...you're not gonna find anyone that lives in Maryland here... "

That's an odd thing to say.

How do you know that there is not someone from Maryland (or surrounding areas) reading this who got a great perm?
boredinfo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boredinfo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2004 at 7:22pm
Ummm...you're not gonna find anyone that lives in Maryland here...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emailisfun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2004 at 10:10am
I don't have a problem finding just a stylist to give me a perm. But, i was looking for a great, creative, highly skilled and qualified stylist.

*Who* does your hair makes such a difference.

During my consultations, I usually the person if they have a visual resume with before/after pictures of people they have styled. I always get a strange look and 'no, i don't do that'.

well, without proof of their abilities, the next way to trust them is by recommendations.

I usually stop people in the street with hair that i like to ask who does their hair, but i always get 'my hair is naturally curly'.

So if anyone has the name of a person who does great perms in Maryland, Viriginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania or DC (i live within commuting distance all of states and would be willing to drive for a great perm), please let me know!

Thanks a lot
lost232 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost232 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2004 at 6:46pm
I don't live in Maryland, but I'm sure that if you go online and look up "Stylists in Maryland" it will give you a variety of choices and you can just pick from there!
Good luck! And keep us posted on your new hairdo!
XOXO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emailisfun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2004 at 7:52pm
I live in Maryland and am desperately looking for a
great stylist to give me a spiral perm. I have
gotten a few perms in the past, but they are either
too curly or not curly enough.

And all the perms don't look natural--the stylist
doesn't think outside the box. they just think a
perm means take every piece of hair and wrap it with
the same sized rod. the end result looks like a perm.
i want curls that look natural.

Does anyone have a recommendations on a stylist for me?

Thanks,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic