Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Doo Gro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
smithH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Doo Gro
    Posted: March 25 2006 at 12:37am
Well I have tried it for a while now and I haven't noticed that much hair growth.
wanaBnappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanaBnappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2006 at 9:34am
Im not sure what the problem was with you all and Doo Grow but I have been using it for about 5 months.  I use the stimilating growth oil every couple days and the moisterizer after I was my hair to protect it fro the heat.  It leaves my hair feeling great and it is the best investment i have made My hair also grows wonderfully because the oil and moisterizer doesnt cake up on your scalp and leave your hair gross.
Back in the days when I was nappy....Oh how I miss it
SimplyAlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimplyAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 2:51pm
NO!!! Just because it says Do Gro dosen't mean it gonna make your hair grow, some of that stuff has horrible ingedients. Try taking a mulitvitiman and some biotin (2,500 mcg or more) and increasing you protien intake. Drink plenty of water and exersise.
Hair Type: 4a/3c Natural
Hair Length: Mid Back (growing out Layers)
Hair Goal: Long Layered Waist length/ Super Healthy!
Lady1452 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady1452 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 9:42am

Afro2005:

Like you I used Do Gro and nothing worked, then I used a product from the Carribean Island called: Virgin Hair Fertilizer hair conditioning cream for rapid hair growth...it worked but the I went to this Dominican Salon and she recommended that I use "Sperm Of Whale hair conditioner and Shampoo...I'm glad I did, not only is my hair growing but it also has a great shine to it. The downside is that you can only get it from a Dominican shop or you can order it online @ www.sickbay.biz. Try it and let me know if it worked for you as it is doing for me. 

deexox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 4:34pm
My cousin Caira and my friend Dahlia both used doo gro and it works for them, so I am gonna try it out.
want2kno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote want2kno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2006 at 8:56pm

Yeah the mega thick is great my hair was thinning on the sides and I tried it and saw fast results

KBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by mocha mocha wrote:

Hi,

I've used Doo Gro and had such good results... I had a small bald patch at the side of my hair from tight braids and it grew back my hair within a month...

I used the Mega Thick Formula...

Same here, Mocha... I was getting a bald patch and used the Mega Thick grease and it grew it back in about 3 weeks.  I like the oil, using it often, but I don't care for the moisturizers very much.  The Mega Thick grease and the oils I recommend.  I use the shampoo on my daughter's hair, along with the mega thick.

HHC began 08/05, BC 11/05. Healthy & nearly BSL 02/07!
princess8907 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess8907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2005 at 2:00pm
It does work for me..its just expensive so i rarely buy it
4b-natural,shoulder blade length,hair goal of to my bra strap

mocha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2005 at 1:12pm

Hi,

I've used Doo Gro and had such good results... I had a small bald patch at the side of my hair from tight braids and it grew back my hair within a month...

I used the Mega Thick Formula...

sugaplum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugaplum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2005 at 11:12am

I've used the sample of the Doo Gro moisturizer and it worked GREAT!!   but when I went to the BSS, I saw the price..and was like!!

I found another moisturizer that worked just as well and it's called "Africa Gold" and it's $4!!

100% Natural
BC - 4/21/07
Love All Gods' Creatures
Cinnamon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cinnamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2005 at 12:28pm
Doo Gro did nothing for my hair either.
Jewell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2005 at 4:02pm
I used Doo Gro and it did nothing as far as growth is concerned. I used it consistently for about 2 months. It helped my dry scalp, a little. I used the rest for a hot oil treatment, and didn't buy anymore.
Type: 3c, Relaxed
Current Length: Lower Back (Close to Waist)
Goal: Classic Length

http://public.fotki.com/Jewell21
PW: trulyblessed

-No Stylists.
-Self-Relaxer.
-Simple Hair Care.

Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2005 at 6:15pm
For some reason I try to avoid products in the BBS that says anything about faster growth. I think what makes it appear to grow faster is actually just you retaining length. I use to think my hair would never grow, but I started eating right and taking care of it more and I'm 'retaining length' alot better.
http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
cebnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cebnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2005 at 3:19pm
Glad I read this, I've been eyeing  doo gro at the BSS. I can't seem to find surge any where. Oh well, my hair has been growing for 21 years w/o so I'm sure it will continue to..

Fotki updated on 10/28 address in profile
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2005 at 12:39pm

yeah ive tried doo gro...i ended up pouring the stuff out when i needed the bottle..waste of time and money

Mrs.Robertson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2005 at 12:26pm
I agree ive tried dogro in the past and it does nothing. Its ok but it not worth the purchase, try changing your diet and what you eat, that will help and drinking lots of water, and cutting out the sweets and soda. also a good scalp massage and deep condition and hot oil treatment.
3c/4a- HairType
Hair Growth Challenge and Healthy Eating Challenge Start's 04-11-2005
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2005 at 6:28pm
Right, I agree with EKatherine...the average hair growth is between 1/2 to 1 inch a month.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2005 at 1:01pm
Save your money.

Unless there's something seriously deficient about your diet, or you have a major health problem, there's nothing that you can do to change the natural rate your hair grows.

What you need to do to get long hair is to treat it gently, moisturize it, avoid heat styling excessively, and so on.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Afro2005 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afro2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2005 at 12:29pm
If used continuously, can doo Grow give you 1Inch of hair growth Each Month, i'm thinking about investing in some, But they are very expensive of here in England, but hey if in the end i have at least 5 inches of hair then i'll do it{lol}

Any one else using Doo Grow, has it worked wonders for your hair?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic