Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what’s a good Hot oil

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what’s a good Hot oil
    Posted: March 23 2005 at 8:10pm

Many things marketed as hot oil (e.g. V05 Hot Oil) doesn't actually contain any oil.

Have you tried coconut oil? Jojoba oil? I've had good results with both of them, and they don't smell weird.

my LJ, 40 inches long
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 6:13pm
Dunno how good "hot" oil is, as compared with room-temperature oil.  I would guess that the belief is that "hot" oil will raise the cuticle and deposit some of the oil within the hair shaft.  I have not experimented with "hot" oil, so I cannot comment on its effectiveness.  I generally prefer to avoid raising the cuticle any more than is "necessary" (such as when I wash it in a warm shower).
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 5:54pm
What are some good hot oil treatments that are good for your hair?
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic