Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question about doing extensions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
X-tend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X-tend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about doing extensions
    Posted: March 26 2005 at 11:24pm
Thank you girls!
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 9:15pm
Yup. In addition, some of the states have fiddly regulations, like in CA you can work in a braiding salon but not a regular saloon, and in FL you have to take a special health and safety weekend course. So yeah, call the state cosme board, or check your state's website (usually under the Board of Professional Regulation).

-Rae
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 8:32pm
I would call your State Board of Cometology and find out from them.  The law varies greatly from state to state.
X-tend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X-tend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 8:21pm

Hi Everyone!!! I am new to your awesome forum. I think it is the best I have seen so far for extension information. You girls rule!

I have been doing extensions for friends for years, but now I would like to start doing it more as a profession. I am not a licenced cosmetolgist, I had a permit years ago but didn't follow through.

I know you can not cut hair or use chemicals (as a profession ) without being licenced, however does anyone know if this applies to doing hair extension as well?  I am sure that it might vary state to state, but does anyone happen to know if you can in MA?

Thanks for keeping a up such an informative forum!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic