Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair extension information please help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair extension information please help
    Posted: March 26 2005 at 12:04am

Hi there!

Clip ins are a great, cost effective way to wear extensions.  We have a thread here somewhere where I detailed how I make clip ins stay in my crappy, fine, thin hair without slipping. Anyway, I'll restate it here again.

• Part your hair where you want to place the clip in weft.
  • lightly spray a tacky, cheap hair spray (I use Aqua Net in the pink and white can) along your part  line
  • With a brush or fine tooth comb, tease the sprayed hair along that part line.  What you are doing is making a 'matted ' base to give the clips something to clip into.
  • I spray that teased hair again with more hair spray, blast it with a hair dryer for a few seconds to firm up the sprayed, teased hair.
  • apply your clips, anchoring the teeth into the matted, teased areas you created
  • You would follow this procedure for each 'row' of clips ins you are applying.  I start with my bottom most row , apply it, and work up my head.  I have a total of 4 rows, 8 ounces of 22" hair.

I have been wearing clip ins for 3 years now and with this method they do not slip out of my hair.  Now, sometimes when I'm brushing my hair , I'll hear a clip snap open, but I just push it closed again- no problem.

Now, to get your hair to blend in with the clips ins, you need to place your first row of clip ins are far up on the head as you can conceal .  You want only a minimal amount of your natural hair on top.  This helps conceal the 'mushroom head' look.

Also, it is very important that you are using enough clip in hair.  You absolutely must match your natural hair's density if you want a seamless look.  If your hair is thick, I would guess you would need at least 6-8 ounces of extension hair to get a seamless look.

Alexia81189 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia81189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 10:37pm
hey im new to this forum and new to using hair extensions. i bought #33 dark auburn clip in hair extensions and need tips for the hair to blend in with my own. also i need help with knowing how to put in the clips securely, so they dont slide down. the clips have 10 metal teeth that bend around the snapping part of the clip. my hair is silky so it slides out easily. is there a way to fix this problem? also my hair is thick so i need tips for blending the extensions in with my own hair. the extensions are real hair and is the same texture as mine. when i put them in my hair sits on top and you can tell the difference in my hair and the extensions by the thickness. im pretty clueless to making the extensions work  so i would be very happy if anyone could help me solve my hair extensions problems.  thanx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic