Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Here is my hair growth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here is my hair growth
    Posted: April 23 2006 at 6:56pm
Look forward to seeing your latest hairpic, Cindy.

Originally posted by sandy2986 sandy2986 wrote:

the best thing to do its cut an inch or 1/2 inch every 6 weeks...i didnt do this before i went to beauty school, cause i wanted long hair so bad, so any kind of cutting i avoided, but then when i went to beauty school, i learned this  and my hair has grown so much!

With all due respect to your personal experience, if I had followed your trimming advice (amount & interval) when I started my hair growth journey (man's execu-cut), my hair would never have grown any longer.

It depends on an individual's growth rate.  People whose hair grows 1" per month will grow longer hair by following your advice (but not very quickly).  But the average growth-rate is 1/2" per month (same as mine).  When I started growing it out, the first thing I did was go almost a full year without any trims (!), but then had trims of 1/8" every 6 weeks.  That was enough to keep the ends from getting uneven, but allow it to grow reasonably quickly.  And ya know, I paid my stylist just as much as I would have had he trimmed 1/2" to 1".  In fact, given his restraint (trimming so little) and my desire to grow my hair longer... his support was worth much more.  Priceless, even.

Sandy2986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandy2986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2006 at 2:37am

Originally posted by LadyFrog LadyFrog wrote:

Trimming it won't make it grow any differently (although some Morrocco methoders might quarrel with me there) as it won't affect the roots. Seems like a normalish amount of growth to me and looks beautiful!

i went to beauty school, and yes trimming does help ALOT...your sopposed to trim it to get the split ends off, if you dont your hair will continue to break or split and wont grow, and when u have split ends and dont cut them they work theyre way to the top of your head and cause breakage and your hair will look straggly at the ends and it wont look like its growing cause its actually breaking, you need to stop the breaking so it can grow, the best thing to do its cut an inch or 1/2 inch every 6 weeks...i didnt do this before i went to beauty school, cause i wanted long hair so bad, so any kind of cutting i avoided, but then when i went to beauty school, i learned this  and my hair has grown so much! its down to my waist, i used to complain and cry that my hair was never growing, its cause i didnt trim the split ends...yes your hair dosnt GROW at the ends, but they've been there a hela long time, so u need to trim off the dead old stuff once in awhile, and ur hair will grow!!  hope this made sense

SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2006 at 4:59pm
Nice hair Cindy  (I can only see your avatar - the link didn't work for me). Beautiful hemline, color and healthy looking!
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 10:45am
Trimming it won't make it grow any differently (although some Morrocco methoders might quarrel with me there) as it won't affect the roots. Seems like a normalish amount of growth to me and looks beautiful!

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
mysty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 10:25am

Hi everyone,

It's been awhile since I have been here, but it's also ben a year since my picture  you see in the forum.  My hair is now bra strap length, meaning just about mid-back, but not quite, is there anything to help keep it healthy and continue growth as it is, I just hope this isn't as long as it will get, would I need to trim to help it grow a little better albiet faster...although hair is going to grow as it wants. 

I figure in a year,  12 mo from last picture it has not grown as it should, am I wrong???  Will post picture when I get a new one :-)

Edited by mysty
Cindy

8 months to *Mid-Back*..give or take!
mysty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2005 at 2:45pm

Oh Anais glad the picture worked I know Angelfire can be a pain at times..and Katherine Thank you I will do that  anything that I can do to help my hair along is fine with me.

I washed it this morning and now it is at 23" long I couldnt beleive it, but it may have been growing when I measured it last as it was at 22 .5" well a lil over that but still any growth is welcome

Cindy

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 7:38pm
Get yourself a bottle of jojoba (natural food store) and work a drop or two through when your hair feels dry.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 7:19pm

Doy! Your avatar! Mysty, I clicked on your link and I see the closeup now. Your hair looks terriffic

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
mysty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 7:01pm

Thank you sunsailing, I try to do whats right  but still wouldlike to know what is good to help hair (like mine) that is a tad dry???  Thanks everyone for the comments

Cindy

Sunsailing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunsailing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 5:17pm

Cindy,

I love the color. Your hair looks very healthy

mysty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 4:54pm
Sorry I didn;t answer how long I want my hair, I am hoping to get to Mid Back.......
Cindy

mysty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 1:24pm

Thank you everyone I am having fun with the new hairstyles I never tried before and now have to buy some Hair Sticks, never used them but I bet they will look nice .......

Cindy

Edited by mysty
Cindy

cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 10:01am

Your hair looks good...if you can't see the link its in her avator.  The link worked for me.

Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 9:24am
The picture didn't work and the link didn't work for me. It's probably my computer though.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
mysty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 9:12am

Just in case mi picture didn't show up here is a link to the page it is on:

http://www.angelfire.com/tx6/cindysmusic.html/cindyshair.htm l

Cindy

laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2005 at 2:41pm
Looks really nice Cindy,  how long do you want it?  My hair is about your lenght right now but a blunt cut.  I would like mine to my elbows.  Good luck in your journey.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2005 at 2:22pm
Nope... but we await!
my LJ, 40 inches long
mysty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2005 at 8:23am
OK I resized my picture and is in dfferent format can you see me now?????

Edited by mysty
Cindy

laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2005 at 10:28pm
I don't think it worked Cindy?
mysty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2005 at 8:34pm

Well took the picture tonight this is my hair as of April 14, 2005.......

Edited by mysty
Cindy

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic