Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Such a Thing as...Growing Dandruff?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
serk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Such a Thing as...Growing Dandruff?
    Posted: May 14 2005 at 9:33pm

The expression "growing dandruff" could be correct. Dandruff arises from the process of renewal and removal of the dead skin cells on your scalp. It is growing when renewal starts to take on more rapidly than removal. The cause of this accelerated cell growth is unknown.

Tee7688 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee7688 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 8:42pm
I hear this expression all the time. My friend at school thinks that everytime her head is itching that her hair is growing, so she doesnt wash it for like a month because of this "growing dandruff". I dont believe it because you need a clean scalp to promote growth instead of having products and gump all in your head thinking its growing!!! Eeeww.
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 9:55am

Perhaps the term "growing dandruff" just refers to the normal skinshedding that we have all over our bodies and that is just part of the skins continual renewal. If the granny didn´t wash her hair much, then the flakes would have just stayed there, whereas they would be washed off the skin everywhere else. And that wouldn´t be real dandruff, would it? Well, just a guess.

Edited by Viktoria
The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 10:36am

I've never heard that expression.  Does sound kind of gross though.

I use head & shoulders about once a week, just to make sure dandruff stays away.  But I feel like it peels off all the nutrients from the top of my head so I'm not particularly crazy about it.

"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
Kev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 12:48am

I get dandruff and itchy scalp if I miss one or two days.

I have great success with head and shoulders,

I use it and then I use whatever shampoo and conditioner I want after I rinse the head and shoulders.

laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2005 at 1:34pm
I also have dandruff, and started using dermarest a couple times a week.  I think it is helping,  is it bad to scratch the dandruff and loosen it up.  Also will it affect hair growth/  fullness just wondering?

Thanks Starfighter
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2005 at 5:00pm
I heard of it... never believed it tho. There is a variety of reasons why a person can get dandruff. But none of the ones I have read had anything to do with growing.

Edited by cmesweet
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 7:41pm
I never heard this expression. I just know that if I braided my hair and didn't wash and scalp massage regularly, I'd have a ton of dandruff, too.
LongBraidz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongBraidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 6:48pm

Hi Everyone,

I know this topic is kind of gross but how many of you have heard the expression "growing dandruff"? My great grandma had extremely long hair that she always kept braided. My Mom said she had alot of dandruff for which she referred to as "Growing Dandruff". Has anyone ever heard this expression before and is there any truth to it 

Edited by LongBraidz
"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." ~Kahlil Gibran~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic