Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Soy products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Soy products
    Posted: April 26 2005 at 7:10am
I think I understand.  It doesn't remove hair, it reduces the "appearance" of hair.  Maybe because it's full of 'cones (the silicones in conditioners that make your hair soft), it makes shaving easier by making rough stubble less rough.  Do you think the soy protein in it is just for moisturizing the hair as well?  I noticed there's soy protein in all my conditioners too.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Rubis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 2:13pm
On this page at drugstore.com,
you can read the package details.
They explane what I said.
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=75994&catid=1 0401&trx=PLST-0-SRCH&trxp1=10401&trxp2=75994&trxp3=1&trxp4=0 &btrx=BUY-PLST-0-SRCH

Edited by Rubis
Maybe , I'll make mistakes in my sentences, I usually speak French. But this site is great and I love it !
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 7:01am
I used to drink a spirulina soy shake every day for a few years, and I never had slower than typical hair growth.  Maybe it depends on the person?  Maybe the added protein and vitamins outweighed the other effects?  Maybe drinking it doesn't matter?  I don't know!

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2005 at 6:41pm
Just curious, where did you read that these products are effective at minimizing bodyhair growth? Is there a link?

You should probably avoid applying soy-based products to your skin. Topical exposure to soy-based products, i.e., formula, has been show to have a sensitizing effect in children, not just to soy products but to peanut products as well. Peanut allergies can be life-threatening.
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2005 at 6:18pm
Soymilk may slow hair growth interesting thats all I drink.  Now I'm thinking of going back to regular milk.
Rubis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2005 at 5:59pm
Hi everyone,

On the market, there are hair-minimizing lotions
that can be used daily as a moisturizer which help
reduce the regrowth of body hair after shaving or waxing
legs or other body parts. It works. Used regularly, it really slows hair regrowth.
The other day in the magazine First, they said that
we can have the same effect using soy milk directly because it`s soy in those lotions which works.
So, I wonder if drinking soy milk or eating soy products
can slow hair growth in general.
Soy products are useful for health and for women because of their phyto-estrogens content, but the protease enzyme
slows hairgrowth.
I drink some soy milk and my hairgrowth rate is
4 1/2 in. a year.
What a dilemma for someone who tries to have long hair !

Did you hear something about that !
Bye !
Maybe , I'll make mistakes in my sentences, I usually speak French. But this site is great and I love it !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic