Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PLEASE HELP ME

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PLEASE HELP ME
    Posted: May 19 2005 at 7:39pm
Hiya cryssiekamm,

How did it go?  Did you succeed in getting the last spot of knots out?
cryssiekamm86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cryssiekamm86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 7:47pm

Hi DaveDecker!! I have had great luck! I just kept using the spray in conditioner and a wide tooth comb and not washing it for a few days so it didn't get more matted and worked on it as much as I can. Then :( it started getting worse again so I washed it with Garnier Fructise and let the conditioner sit in my hair for about 30 min and let it dry and it got so soft again and came right out!!!! There's still a little spot that I need a little help with but we're going to work on that tomorrow!!!! Thanks soooo much guys!!!! Please keep in touch guys!!! 

CryssieKamm
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2005 at 1:19pm
How's it going, CryssieKamm -- have you been able to remove the knot?
Rhondagm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhondagm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2005 at 9:56pm

Hi, this is my first time on this site and I had to reply to your hair problem.  I know exactly what you are going through.  I have a friend who has long hair to her butt, and she is sick, so her hair was not combed for weeks.  She keeps it in a braid, she had three massive knots two on each side of her head and one underneath.  I worked on one side for 4 hours, and did not get it out.   Another friend went that evening worked on the other side for 3 hours, I went back a couple days later and spent 5 more hours on the side that I worked on before, and finally got it all out.

I went to see her today, and it was matted again only took 1 hour this time.  I used a wide tooth comb and enfusium leave in conditioner, and the tail end of a tail comb to help pull the nots aparts, plus your fingers. 

I also, was told by a beautician to put a cholestrol treatment on it and sit under a dryer for 20-30 minutes, and try combing it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cryssiekamm86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2005 at 3:51pm
Thanks DaveDecker!!!!! I am sooo happy that it is coming out finally! The thing that works the best was spray in leave in conditioner and a wide tooth comb, it has to be worked out slowly so the fine tooth combs just made it worse. It's getting there!!!!!!
CryssieKamm
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 6:54pm
Oh dear    CryssieKamm, I was horrified to read your initial post; so glad to read (in your latest post) that you have been making progress in undoing the knot.
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 2:50pm
I'm so glad to hear it cryssiekamm86! I hope your shoot goes well and your hairs OK by then. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cryssiekamm86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2005 at 9:33pm
thanks alot!!! We worked on it for a mjority of the day and got all of it but the part right by my scalp! I decided to wait until tomorrow to do that because after working on it so long my scalp was quite sore, but it's getting back to do and doesn't look too damaged!!!!!!!!!!!
CryssieKamm
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2005 at 8:41am
I'm glad to hear its coming out!
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cryssiekamm86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 10:38am
Thanks I tried that and it got a good bit of it out, but we quit working on it because it got rather late but we are going at the knot again today and see what happens! If you know anything else keep posting, or if you have any problems you can post them! I would be happy to help, I'm rather wise about hair I've been growing it my whole life, this one just stumped me because no matter what I tried it wouldn't work and I can't really reach it so I needed someone else really. I look forward to hearing from you all!!!!!
CryssieKamm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cryssiekamm86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 4:52pm
Thanks alot I haven't tried that yet I'll try that tonight!
CryssieKamm
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 6:56am
You can use jojoba oil or coconut oil on your hair.  I don't know if I would leave conditioner in it for 5 hours, I'm not sure that would be good for hair since it's not meant to be a left in very long.  You could probably do that with a leave-in conditioner with no trouble. It may help to try to comb it out while the conditioner is in it as said above, but if your hair rips when its combed wet that may not be the best solution either.  I'd try it on a small part of it to see how it goes...it may just work too.

If you want to leave something in it for 5 hours, use fatty mayonnaise (not low fat, not miracle whip).  Its a great conditioner and won't hurt your hair if left on so long.  I also agree that you should try to get it straightened out before washing it again.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 5:46pm
Another tip is to try using the tail end of a tail comb or something similar that is long and has a tip. 
Jewell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 2:10pm
I think you should try spraying oil sheen on it and continue working with the wide tooth comb, because I have always heard that its bad to put oil sheen on braids with extensions, because they will loosen up a lot faster. Its also an aid for taking braids out. Just a thought!  I don't think you should wash it until the knot is worked out or cut out, because it will only get more matted.
Type: 3c, Relaxed
Current Length: Lower Back (Close to Waist)
Goal: Classic Length

http://public.fotki.com/Jewell21
PW: trulyblessed

-No Stylists.
-Self-Relaxer.
-Simple Hair Care.

Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 1:05pm
I think you should leave the conditioner in and comb it out while the conditioner is still in.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cryssiekamm86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 12:22pm

Thanks sooo much!!!! I work on it for about an hour and a half at a time three or four times a day when I can by myself and my mother is going to help me too I hope. It happened because my hair is VERY fine and I have to use either Thermasilk or Finness and all he had here was Head And Shoulders which is a major no no with hair as long as mine. ai thought it would be fine just once but I guess not! I don't comb my hair when its wet because it rips it so I tried to wait until it dried but that was also not a good idea! THEN I kept trying to put conditioner in it and let it soak in all the way and let it sit for a while and then wash it out so it would be softer, more moistened and easier to comb but the weight of water on my long hair just seemed to pull it down and make it tighter. And I'm scared that if it sits there too long while I can't get it all myself that it might damage my hair to the point to where I will have to cut it, like I said my hair is past my bottom quite a bit and the knot has almost consumed all of it through the trial of trying everything. Will it damage my hair to the point to where I will have to shave my head? My hair is very important to my career and i can't just let the damaged hair grow out if I get it out!?!?

CryssieKamm
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 12:01pm

That sounds like a pretty bad knot... how did it happen?

I'd say keep working with the wide-tooth comb if that's helping.  Get other to help too if you can.  And be patient. 

Good luck, I hope everything works out for you!

"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cryssiekamm86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 11:00am

Guys I forgot to add this to my first post, my hair is real no extensions or wigs, so the tricks have to be applicable to my hair. Smooches

CryssieKamm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cryssiekamm86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 10:51am
Unfortunately I've tried that and everytime i wash it with any products it just gets even more matted up. but I haven't tried oiling it, what type of oil do you think I should use? I've used almost a whole bottle of my conditioner and let it sit in it for 5 hours and washed it out thinking that it would at least loosen it up.........nope, spray in detanglers, I do have a wide tooth comband thats the only thing that seems to work. But it is behind my head all the way to my scalp almost, so I can't see and reach it all. That was a great idea though!!!! Thank you sooo much for trying to help me!!! What type of oil was that again?
CryssieKamm
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 6:55am
What exactly happened?  Is it because you used his hair products and they didn't work for you?  If this is the case, one wash with your normal products ought to fix it.  If your problem is that you are having trouble getting all the knots out first, just use a wide toothed comb (seamless if you have it), maybe oil it a little first, then start at the last half inch and work your way up slowly, taking lots of time.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic