Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

long hair advice for a short hair gal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: long hair advice for a short hair gal
    Posted: May 26 2005 at 5:49pm
Cool.  At least a few choices now... and more as time progresses.  Hang in there! 
wendyladi98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyladi98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 9:06pm
I just got it cut again today to rid the razored ends. I can put it alf way up now and with gel and it wet can get it all up.
"In the darkness, see the light. Remember God loves you"
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 7:25pm
Ah... your first post said it all.  Sorry - I haven't been very observant lately.  How soon do you think it'll be until it grows enough to put it into a ponytail?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyladi98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 11:42pm
a blunt long cut at bra strap length is my goal, however I think I want to get it all 1 length before I grow past my shoulders. I don't like "styling" per say. I enjoy braids, ponytails, and buns.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 7:43pm
Thick and fine can definitely be grown and worn (well) long.

What length & style do you ultimately (let's say, within the next year or two) see your hair being?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyladi98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2005 at 8:10pm
The thing is my hair is really thick. I had a blunt cut and it looked rather poofy. I have fine hair but a lot of it. LOL I am probably going to go back and ask for something lower maintenance since the only way I can seem to make this cut look decent is the blow dryer and a round brush.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2005 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by wendyladi98 wendyladi98 wrote:

Hi, I am not after marathon hair, my hair is on the fine side so that probably wouldn't even be an option, but my ultimate dream is long hair about bra strap length. I have been in the process of getting my virgin hair back, and recently went in and got all the remaining perm, split ends and color cut off. She took a razor and put some longish layers into it so I could get rid of the most damage and not sacrifice too much length. So I have a cut an inch below my chin, some eye length bangs and some layers. My question is this...I know heat is a nono and on me especially because even though my hair is thick, the individual strand is fine. What are some options for styles that are hair-healthy in order to let my hair grow healthy and maximize time between cuts? One other option I am seriously considering is that I can still pull my hair back and I found a great fall that is only about $35. That would be almost as good as a wig and I wouldn't be doing as much to my hair. I know short styles might be out of you guys' league but I figured you all would be experts on growing out and hair health. LOL

Thanks,

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

Fine hair can look great long.  IMO blunt cuts make fine hair look thicker; by contrast, layering makes fine hair look thinner.

You're looking for style ideas, but your hair was cut into a "style."  Hmm... I'm not sure what to recommend that you haven't already suggested.  Let's see... you may want to consider going with the wet-head look and slick it back... other days, try using clips or other hair jewelry (the marketplace has lots of choices).  HTH (sorry I can't offer more).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyladi98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2005 at 4:08pm

I do have a some wave. Once my hair gets to my shoulders it is much less pronounced. my final goal is a fairly blunt cut at bra strap length with a slight taper. I am also willing to get more cut off for ease of style but  really do not look good with anything above my chin. I am growing out the bangs as well.

Thanks,

Wendy

Grace912 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grace912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2005 at 6:55am
What is your goal, i.e., are you looking to grow out the bangs as well or just the length? Also, is your hair totally straight, or is there some wave to it?
Monica: Isn't there any way that you could look at this as flattering? I mean, she's doing this to be more like you.
Rachel: Well, then, couldn't she have just copied my haircut?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyladi98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2005 at 9:39pm

I just read that a razor cut is severely weakening on hair...grr. So In about six weeks, I will go back and have it trimmed at the layers. Other than that, I would still love any advice you all may have as to chin length styles (I am definitely not brave enough for any shorter) that have no heat and are easy on hair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyladi98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2005 at 7:29pm

Hi, I am not after marathon hair, my hair is on the fine side so that probably wouldn't even be an option, but my ultimate dream is long hair about bra strap length. I have been in the process of getting my virgin hair back, and recently went in and got all the remaining perm, split ends and color cut off. She took a razor and put some longish layers into it so I could get rid of the most damage and not sacrifice too much length. So I have a cut an inch below my chin, some eye length bangs and some layers. My question is this...I know heat is a nono and on me especially because even though my hair is thick, the individual strand is fine. What are some options for styles that are hair-healthy in order to let my hair grow healthy and maximize time between cuts? One other option I am seriously considering is that I can still pull my hair back and I found a great fall that is only about $35. That would be almost as good as a wig and I wouldn't be doing as much to my hair. I know short styles might be out of you guys' league but I figured you all would be experts on growing out and hair health. LOL

Thanks,

Wendy

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic