Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Short film on cutting hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Short film on cutting hair
    Posted: May 29 2005 at 10:11pm
Thats cool there was no peer pressure.You can tell the people dont want their hair cut.Your actually blessed theirs not many talk shows there their all dribble.Even oprah can get pretty wacky sometimes and her show is way tamer than the others sadly.
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2005 at 12:02pm

I know what you mean about those horrible talk shows, profiting on peer pressure. This was nothing like that. Just a very small documentary film, trying to capture a personality. Noone talked in this film except her (well, the hairdresser said a few words). I wonder sometimes how people can open up to the camera. Perhaps she got more gutsy when she saw herself?

We don´t get a lot of talk shows on tv here, I have seen Oprah, and she´s had a few of those "make over" shows where they clone people to all look alike. And there are early evening shows from Sweden who have similar features, like taking a person once a week and making them over. Sometimes well, but mostly, not (in my opinion).

The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2005 at 3:34am
That is sad that she didnt cut.But to be totally honest I cant watch the shows where people have long beautiful flowing hair and they get it cut.The worst one I saw recently was on a talk show here in the us(I know it really is dribble,lol).There were about 12 men who all had really long virgin hair.Which is extremely rare here to see men with such long hair. There wives and girlfriends brought them on to cut their hair(ultimatums and other shifty scenarios).The girls got to cut off their ponytails.The guys looked like lambs for the slaughter and the girls looked like the eager butchers.It was pretty disturbing. I could barely watch.My hair is short right now.But I know how hard it is to have nice hair like that.And I know how long it takes too.Plus they all looked much better with the long hair.
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 11:39pm

I just have to tell you: I was watching tv last night and saw, by chance, this short, norwegian film about a woman, about 70, who wanted to cut her hair, for the first time in her life! Thing was, she had been very dominated by her mother, who simply wouldn´t let her cut it, and when the mother died, which had been very recent (they lived just across the street, she hadn´t been allowed to move away either!) she felt so liberated, and now she wanted to cut her hair, as an act of independence, something she had dreamed of doing since she was a child.

Now, you would think she had really long hair, but it was really only a bit below the shoulders, nowhere near BSL or anything. But she was really elegant, really beautiful in it. And it didn´t look cut, for sure. So, the filmcrew followed her to the hairdressers, but, anticlimax! she didn´t dare cut it. You could really see the fright in her. She was just terribley afraid - I don´t think I have ever been that scared of anything! She got out of there with mission undone. The hairdresser, a man, was really very sensitive, encouraging but respectful.

I have never been so sorry to see someone not cut their hair!  It really made me sad. I would have wished for her the freedom to dare to be a bit "ugly"!

Edited by Viktoria
The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic