Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Monkeybutts, Cowlicks ...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kymiks View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kymiks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Monkeybutts, Cowlicks ...
    Posted: June 24 2005 at 9:53am

This does present a problem for me, the area in question is 1 1/2 inch above right ear extending to almost top of crown and about 3 inches wide.  So avoiding it altogether would give me the appearance of a very sparse patch(which is what it looks like without extensions) soooo,  I guess there aren't any "special tricks" to dealing with it.

That really sucks, but thanks for advising anyway.

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 11:32pm
I try to stay away from applying extensions in cowlick areas.  It's just too hard to conceal them.
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 8:09pm

when i come across cowlicks, i place hair aboue it and around it not on it,

Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
Kymiks View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kymiks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 12:59pm

or whatever they are called in your part of the world, how on earth does one deal with this problem when applying any type of extensions?  I have several serious "swirls" going in at least 3 different directions and I have tried several means of applying individuals and wefts and nothing seems to be very comfortable(which I can deal with discomfort) but just never lays well either.  This gives  the illusion that I have less than half the volume on this side of my head when there are no extension hair in and I try to compensate by putting more in that area than the other side but that doesn't seem to work well either.  

Pros or DIYs who have experienced this, any suggestions?  I appreciate all suggestions and will try just about anything

edit: I did find info on the main for this site and this is what is says:

If your cowlick is well placed on your head all that is you may need is a good haircut to work with the direction of the hair or add weight from hair above to hold the cowlick down.

However, the problem is that parts of these "swirls" are parts that need extensions added and the top part flips and curls and swirls to show the extensions.

Edited by Kymiks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic