Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pixie cut to flowing locks...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pixie cut to flowing locks...
    Posted: June 27 2005 at 12:00pm

Purplebubbas suggestion is excellent, it´s exactly what I did as well. I know every cut centimeter hurts, but getting it all one length as quickly as possible really helps you to feel good about the way you look, in the between-time.

Good luck! And for the boring and frustrating days, just do some long hair internet surfing - onto this board and others. It really boosts your morals!

The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 5:15pm
Try letting it grow long enough so that you can get it shaped into some sort of bob. Something that's all one length or close. Then you can grow out from there. Now that might mean cutting more off the back than you want to but in the long run evening things up sooner is better than later.
Here's a diagram I drew a while back to show what it will be like.

Each strand is growing the same length but because of the head shape the hair in the back will seem to get really long sooner. So try to start evening it up before it gets too long in back.
eatgreenjello View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eatgreenjello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 2:31pm

Try to find a great stylist who knows you are growing your hair out, and she can work with you with cuts at various lengths of your hair until it's long long long.

Goodluck!

Other options are:  stop looking in the mirror, use tons of clippies, and I don't know what else.

**Hair type: 2a, which is wavy and fine.
**Color: Naturally dark brown, currently dyed reddish brown.
**Length: below shoulder length
vigilantesilver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vigilantesilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 1:33pm
I have very short hair right now, and have had it that way for a couple of years.  Now I'm looking for a change, and wanting to grow it out again.  I have the patience to grow it out, but every time I try, I get to this awkward mullet-like stage that it seems no amount of trimming, texturing, or styling will fix.  How can I grow my hair out while skipping the unkempt stage?
Utility comes from what is not there.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic