Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vinegar Rinses

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vinegar Rinses
    Posted: July 06 2005 at 6:47am
The buildup from products (including conditioners) on hair keeps it from being soft and shiny, so remove those and you're good to go!

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2005 at 8:52am

I dont understand why either, but when I had a really nasty sunburn a while back I took baths with apple cider vinager, and realized my hair felt just WONDERFUL after them. So now I rinse my hair with a diluted mixture once a week.

Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 12:23pm
I agree with Anais and Susan.  If you use a ton of cones, you might want to use a clarifying shampoo as well as the vinegar.  But if you're like me and only use a small amount of cones, the ACV should get it all out.  Also, this may just be my opinion, but ACV seems to make hair really soft and shiny
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
Valeri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valeri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 7:30am

Thanks AnaisSatin and Susan for the helpful info!

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2005 at 7:10am
I agree, I like to clarify with shampoo to really get the "conage" out (great word!).  If you have really mineraly or hard water, you'd probably want to do your vinegar rinse last, then maybe rinse it out with bottled water if you don't like the smell.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2005 at 1:44am
Yup! ESPECIALLY deposits from hard water, actually. I think ACV removes less conage than it does mineral deposits.
my LJ, 40 inches long
Valeri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valeri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 3:00pm

Hello...I was just wondering to all that do vinegar rinses to remove product buildup including "cones"...Does a vinegar rinse also remove residue on the hair such as minerals from hard water or deposits from pollutants?

Thanks and happy hair growing!  

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic