Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Any Virgin Takers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Cutelilartist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cutelilartist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any Virgin Takers?
    Posted: July 11 2005 at 12:05am
Originally posted by FinaFina FinaFina wrote:

Haven't done anything.

Oh, ok.  Well will you be placing an order soon?  I'd like to get my hair done by the end of this month.  (Vegas trip)  I thought one bundle would be enough for my head. 

If you are not putting an order in until August, let me know.  I'll sell what I have and buy something else. 

Can't wear hair in my head that doesn't match.

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 5:56pm
AHHHH elvira.  I totally forgot.  I've been super swamped all week (Just submitted a paper for publication about 45 minutes ago).  Was it all that you dreamed and more?  If everything in my lab goes to sh*t in the next week(a likely scenario) I want to come up and do your hair and maybe we can go shopping and whoa those two celebration beers are doing their job and....
I just got my notice that my Retin A shipped this afternoon.  More wrinkle oblitheration.

And Fina.  Seriously.  Does this hair only come in one length and one texture?  Cause I really like what I got but would be interested in other options of the same quaility.

elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 1:53pm
I have the virgin hair in and I love it! It would be perfect for a sewn in weft, or pinchbraids. I used LG to glue it in but doesn't hold that great because the wefts are so tiny. This actually works great for me. I will post pics but I just got plastic surgery on my eyes (to get rid of bags/wrinkles) and restalayne injections so I'm tired right now, but I will post pics of my hair. (And my new younger face!) Elvira
sansconformist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sansconformist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 10:30am
I'd likely be interested in more hair, too, Fina. The hair I got from you before held up well through bleaching and dying, although I haven't installed it yet, so I an't say how it wears. It's pretty though. I play with it all they time.  I'll try to post pics by the end of the weekend so you can see more examples of how it dyes.
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 9:13am
Haven't done anything.
Cutelilartist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cutelilartist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2005 at 6:29pm
What's the status on this?
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 10:49am
Yeah, RK is really a fantastic find! This bag of hair I have in has a slight wave to it which makes it somewhat poofy, but the OTHER bag of #4 I got at the same time does not! Both bags of 24" #2 I ordered are truly straight even when wet. I just can't get over the price and the speed of delivery for such fabulous hair.

I was thinking the same thing about your supplier, Fina, and that you should ask him those same questions! It will be interesting to see what he says. Maybe he'll do something for you on the price end. You might want to suggest the UPS delivery thing like RK does - the declaration statement they send says the contents have 'no value' and are sent as samples only. GUess that cuts down on the fees.
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 6:37am
I totally agree Sherrie. I think that the companies that don't accept credit cards are mainly set up to deal with distributors rather than individual consumers. RK really is unique in this regard and you're right, it's awesome!!
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 5:11pm
So I wonder why it is that all these other indain hair sellers require that you wire the money via T/T. Yet RK accepts payment by credit card. Sure makes the whole odering process easier!
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 3:33pm

The hair is straight. Not stick-straight, but definitely no wave when wet. It has body. It takes about a week to get here. I've contacted the supplier and will let y'all know tomorrow.

Syren: In terms of just feeling the hair, when dry, both RK & this hair feel great. In tact the RK I got from you, Rae, and Amm is absolutely STUNNING. I just haven't spent much time with it wet, styling, etc. 

I went ahead and asked the supplier about, e.g. hair from RK vs. his. I understand that "big companies" can offer things at lower prices, and I wanted to ask him about the huge price discrepancy between, say, him, and RK. I told him that I am NOT complaining about the prices, but just curious. It will be interesting to see what he says. I know that 2 huge costs I incurred last time were shipping ($80) and the Western Union wiring fee ($50). That really jacked things up.

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 2:49pm
Fina is the hair straight? I don't mind body and wave I just need this hair not to have all the curl of RK.How soon could wI have it? Thanks!
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 11:27am

Fina, when are you going to place the order?  I have a neighbor who saw my extensions and just about fell over knowing that I did them myself.  She wants me to put some in her hair for her 20th class reuion that is comming up the end of July.  She has great hair, and I never would have suspected that she would be interested in extensions, but she has wanted them for a long time, just didn't want to spend the $$$$$.

So..... to make a long story short, how long do you think it will take to get them???  How long did you order them again???

Thanks

Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2005 at 7:11pm
The pictures of your virgin hair looked like the hair was stronger, not necessarily 'coarser' but thicker - and straighter - than RK. And shinier. Now that you have that #8, how do the textures compare, in your opinion?
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2005 at 6:39pm

The supplier tells me that he now has a *superior* weft, even smaller than the previous one . . .

misftns72: I would get 2 wefts. The hair is a dark dark brown, not black, and easily lifts to various shades of brown.  I have a sample if you'd like me to send you some? PM me.

Tangles: You're even sicker than I am, and I'm pretty bad. . . ;-)

I think I'll go ahead and place the order. I really do love the hair. I just don't know if it's worth the extra $$ over RK hair. It's so hard to say without wearing it/testing it for a long period of time. All I know is, I still have some installed on my head that I bleached the S*it out of in my first experiments, and it's going rock-solid strong. . .

elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2005 at 2:09pm
Fina, when you order more hair, I would like some. Curious, does it only come in the black? I used LG glue to install wefts and it looks and feels great alternating with the weft I got from Syren I will take pics when I'm completely finished. The hair is so soft and doesn't feel bulky on my head either! I love all my new hair!
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 11:43pm
I'm not ready just yet.

But I'm wondering.  What other textures is it available in.  Or rather do you have pictures of the next wavier one?
msfitns72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msfitns72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 10:24pm
OH wow...I am a "darkie". Fina, my hair is very dark brown (but NOT black) and I like a natural wave to it...something I can easily straighten or let it dry a bit curly. Would this hair be good for me? How much would I need? I normally wear about 200 pre-tips from Hairlocs. Thanks!
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 10:04pm

oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh virgin hair~ thought you meant a hot solid bodie say 30ish virgin~ i'll take one of those!!!

just kidding

Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 9:20pm
Yeah, baby!
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 8:53pm
Fine I would like that! Do you have it on you? I will take it uncolored.I have a client I really need to custom color.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic