Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Washing extensions please help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Washing extensions please help
    Posted: June 28 2005 at 8:16am

no probs ickledee im glad your getting on really well.  I was just worried when you say that their is flaking as i didnt understand what you meant and was worried you were hesitant to approach me with any probs. I wish i had found a board like this back in the days when i first found extensions! 

x

ickledee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ickledee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 2:30am

Hi girls, thanks so much for the tips :)

Shel i didn't mean there was anything wrong with the extensions themselves, they are fantastic

I just meant that i seem to be rubbish at washing them and as there are so many people on this board with extensions i thought that i could maybe pick up some useful tips and a solution that would work for me :)

Erm with regards to flaking i mean that as someone else said there seems to be a build up surrounding the bonds! Maybe i am just being overly careful when washing them I have also found a few chunks of wax. Maybe i just need to give them a better scrub, perhaps i have been too gentle?.

TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 9:35pm
lol mocha- that was me, yeah shampoo get a good lather and wash and shave, then rinse put in some conditioner, not on bonds just on ends and top of head then rinse and go!
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 7:35pm
yeah 5 minutes seems reasonable.  I thinkt he person who suggested it said, "put the shampoo on and work it in.  then shave your legs.  then rinse the shampoo out."  
LauraR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 7:30pm

mocha - how long is a while?

like 5 min?

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 7:26pm
I'm not sure how shel feels about it but I took someone here's advice about leaving the shampoo on a little longer and it went a long way.  My hair hadn't been looking bad but I could feel the gunk building up especially right in the center of each section on my scalp. 
Now I'm only washing like once a week but when I wash I leave the shampoo a while and often wash two or three times in that one sitting.
shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 7:05pm

p.s. if you have any problem's, questions or anything you'd like me to take a look at, please contact me so i can help.  If you dont contact me then i wont know if there's a problem.

xx

shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 7:02pm

Hi Ickledee just wash them as i said, in a downwards motion using the techniques i showed you.  It is normal to feel alittle itchy at first with extensions however try not to scratch too much.  As for being flakey? what do you mean?

x

CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by ickledee ickledee wrote:

my scalp is really itchy and looks very
unclean, it is also very flakey!

Sea breeze astringent does the trick for my girls with weaves
Use cotton balls to clean your scalp and put some onto a spray
bottle and take with you and spray your scalp whenever you
feel the itches.
-Charlene

Edited by CyberMane
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 4:54pm

I just carefully wash around each bond/shrinkie.  I get my fingernails down to the scalp and scratch around, but I make sure that I clean the top of my head that has no extensions, really well.  I have very thin/fine hair and I exercise everyday so my scalp gets pretty yucky looking and my hair looks greasy, so I tend to wash every other day, were as some other people only wash 1-2 times per week.  I also have found that the Loop Brush really helps with brushing and getting down to your scalp.  You can get them at Sally's for under $8, or on line for like $10.

Good Luck!!!

ickledee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ickledee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 4:42pm
Please please give me some tips on how to wash my hair! Since getting my extensions in my scalp is really itchy and looks very unclean, it is also very flakey! I never had this problem before. Any tips you have on how to give my head a better wash would be mush appreciated, my extensions are fushion :) Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic