Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

rk pre tipped hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rk pre tipped hair
    Posted: July 04 2005 at 11:43pm

Bird for me its not just a matter of putting a conditioner on my hair. All the years of doing these HARSH things that I do to my hair has taken its toll...my hair is so dry and brittle that there is no returning it to normal, unless I quit doing some of the things that Ive been doing! And acetone on dry and brittle hair is NOT a good thing at all!

BirdOfEden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirdOfEden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2005 at 10:16pm
I use acetone and I don't find it damaging at all.  Yes, it will dry out your hair, but that's not permanant.  Just wash your hair and condition it and it's back to normal.  I have even used acetone on my hair and didn't wash it out until the next day, and everything was just fine. 
broomeboy1023 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 10:21pm
okay i will order the remover from amm. how do i use it? just like i would normally for fusion removal? thanx for the replys!
and god said let there be hair extensions.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 9:51pm

I dont think acetone is any more damaging than any of the other things that I do to my hair. Like coloring, highlighting, bleaching and extensions.

The good thing about acetone is that it works really well.....the bad thing about acetone, is that it really dries out the hair. So if you already have damaged/dry hair it really isnt so good to put something else on it that is going to dry it out even more.

I try to avoid using acetone if I can, and use Amms orange oil remover as much as possible. It doesnt work as quick as acetone on fusion bonds. But it does work quite effectively in my experience, it just takes a little longer to work.

shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 8:54pm

Buy some orange oil from amm as that wont damage the hair and is safer for beginners to use.

x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 7:52pm
doesn't ace tone damage hair?
kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 5:15pm

you use acetone.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 3:43pm
if i order the keretin tipped hair where do i get remover? rk does not sell remover.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic