Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nioxin Scalp therapy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nioxin Scalp therapy
    Posted: July 13 2005 at 11:53am
Hi Nekita!  Yes, my hair does get cold...but I like that feeling....it makes me think its working..you know?  I don't mind the smell so much.  It's just kinda minty.  As long as its working I'm happy (o:
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
Nekita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nekita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 6:52pm

Hi Amber... Not too long ago I put up a post asking for feedback on this stuff, too.

I've been using it for a little over 2 weeks now - the cleanser and scalp therapy.  I think it's really surprising how fast I'm noticing results.  My part was really noticeable cause my hair has been getting thinner, but since I started using this, it's actually gotten so much better.  I wouldn't believe someone if they told me, but it really works.

I don't like the smell though.  I think it smells like medicine.  And does your head get cold when you use the scalp therapy?  It might be too cold in the winter!

I've followed the hair care recommendations of not using conditioner on the scalp, but I don't think you'd get the effects of this if you don't.  I don't plan on using it forever, though.  It's not like rogaine where if you stop using it, your hair falls out.  So, maybe after these bottles are gone, I'll go back to normal routines.

Cheers,

Nekita

AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 2:20pm
No one else has ever used this?
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2005 at 5:51pm

Thanks Dave.

Has anyone else used this?

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2005 at 4:11pm
Hi AmberJune,

Glad to hear you are enjoying the new S&C and the scalp tingling effect. 
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2005 at 11:58am

Originally posted by Renee Renee wrote:

ive used the conditioner and it was alright. i didnt liek the way the smell lingered on my hair though. the only nioxin product i use is the smoothing reflectives silk elixir and it's one of my staple leave ins. im not sure it it has helped my thin hair. i think that would be due to my vitamins. I think you have to use some of the products in a certain way for a certain period of time or something.....

Hey!  I got the cleanser and the scalp therapy conditioner.  The smell did sort of take a lil bit to get use to but it really just smells likes peppermint.  I don't mind it at all.  I like how the conditioner makes my scalp tingle.  I bought the really big bottles so it should probably last me at least 3 months I'm guessing.  I did a search for nixion and one post came up that said she used it for like 6 months and saw results.  I'm willing to give it a try!

Right now my routine with this S and C is putting Bixy Sexy conditioner on the bottom part of my hair first....then washing my scalp with the cleanser.  Then I rinse...and put conditioner once again on the bottom part of my hair and put the scalp therapy conditioner on my scalp and wait about 4 or 5 mins then rinse it out...warm then cold water.  It feels wonderful!  I love the tingling part...I feel like its actually working.

Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 8:58pm
ive used the conditioner and it was alright. i didnt liek the way the smell lingered on my hair though. the only nioxin product i use is the smoothing reflectives silk elixir and it's one of my staple leave ins. im not sure it it has helped my thin hair. i think that would be due to my vitamins. I think you have to use some of the products in a certain way for a certain period of time or something.....
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2005 at 3:02pm
anyone??
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2005 at 7:39pm
Hi Amber,

I believe Nioxin shampoo is reputed to help scalp health (and in the process reduce hair fallout).  I am not aware of any source that has substantiated their claims (but that does not mean that it won't do as advertised).  Now that you have it, might as well try it and hope for the best right?   As for the conditioner, what do the directions say?  In the absence of any guidance from the product maker, I would avoid conditioning the roots.

I hope you like the products!

Dave
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2005 at 12:02pm

Hey all.

I just got the Nioxin shampoo and scalp therapy for thin/fine hair.  Anyone used this before?  How do you like it.

Also, I'm wondering about the conditioner.... is it really ok to be putting this stuff on my scalp or should I just use it on the ends of my hair like normal conditioner.

Thanks...... Amber

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic