Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

summer hair growth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: summer hair growth
    Posted: July 30 2005 at 12:26pm
np,Kalika. 
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 3:26pm
I agree; hair doesn't necessarily grow faster in the summer.  Personally, I'm seeing faster growth now than I saw in March, but there are a million other factors that could be attributed to that.  Just take great care of your hair all year and it'll grow as much as it possibly can
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 12:02am

better circulation supplying more blood to the scalp area.  or so Ive heard.  I dont notice a difference either.

Edit: damn you Dave, I should have read your reply before posting my own

Edited by Kalika
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 12:58pm
I'll buy the blood flow thing.My hair grows decently fast anyways.but I got my hair cut almost a week ago and its already grown a bit!Its noticeably longer.Which I would guess to be from the extra blood flow of pregnancy.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 7:13am
I don't find mine grows any faster or slower depending on seasons either.  Interesting about the blood flow...I bet the summer exercise does help if you are living in a cold climate.  In the heat I probably move around less in the summer (like a big lazy lizard).  I always thought people just got the idea that hair grew faster in the summer because when you were a kid and went back to school every fall your teachers would always say things like "Wow!  You got a foot taller and your hair grew 6 inches!"

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 6:24am
My personal experience has been that there are no noticeable seasonal effects on my hair's growth rate.  Even when I lived in a temperate clime, it grew 1/2 inch every month -- January or July.

I think the theory (that growth is faster in summer) is based in part on the idea that your blood circulation (which helps feed the hair follicles) is improved in warmer weather since people in temperate climes tend to be outdoors and more active in the summer.  (Unless you have a heat wave.)
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2005 at 10:11pm
Hair growth is an individual thing and it's going to be different for everyone.
There are too many factors that go into why hair grows one way one month and another way the next month.

My article might help explain this better.
~~ Health and Hair ~~
angelfire.com/mi/bbubba/LHC/GI2.html
neofeliak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neofeliak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2005 at 9:25pm
i was just wondering...i know that the average growth length of hair is 0.5 inches a month, but since hair supposedly grows faster in the summer as opposed to the winter, how many inches per month does hair grow in the summer as opposed to the winter?

Edited by neofeliak
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic